Author Topic: Fluorescent lamps with internal reflector  (Read 1230 times)
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Fluorescent lamps with internal reflector « on: February 23, 2017, 01:33:20 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Today I saw some old philips cwx fluorescent lamps with internal reflector still in use at one telecom shelter. That made me wonder what material exactly did manufacturers use for to made the reflector?

The other question that I wondered was is there really that much benefit using reflector fluorescent lamps as to at least to my notes the reflector is not very efficient?

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Fluorescent lamps with internal reflector « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 01:51:08 PM » Author: dor123
Reflector fluorescent lamps (Like Philips Reflux), uses reflective coating to direct more UV radiation from the mercury to the phosphor coating at the opposite end. So the lamp don't produces upward light, but have more lumens for a given wattage downward.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent lamps with internal reflector « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 01:58:45 PM » Author: Ash
I guess they use Alumina or some other oxide. It sure cant be anything electrically conductive

The reflector may be not too efficeint, compared to what ? If not the reflector, then the light will have to be reflected from something else like the lantern's gear cover, the room ceiling, and so on. Depending on their finish and distance (the lantern may be suspended low under the ceiling), they may or may not be better than the internal reflector
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent lamps with internal reflector « Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:26:56 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Well the efficiency is just based on ocular estimate and with T12 lamps since I've never seen reflector t8 lamp with my own eyes. Even reflector t12 are pretty rare to find anymore.

One of the smartest use of reflector lamps I have seen was in old telecom office tbat had wide single lamp shoplights and the reflector lamps were installed so that the reflector side was towards the floor and lamp shined towards the fixtures reflector. It was kind of DIY indirect lighting.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent lamps with internal reflector « Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 03:02:17 PM » Author: Ash
I seen reflector T8's, actually only T8's. There is a row of them in 58W/840 in our supermarket, they were installed some 10 years ago and still going. The funny part is that about 1/2 of them are installed upside down
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies