Author Topic: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help.  (Read 3615 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « on: March 06, 2017, 10:09:23 PM » Author: Lumex120
I am considering buying an AEL 115 for my collection in the near future (if LEDisease drives HID to extinction, which I hope wont be the case) since AEL might discontinue them. Currently, this is what I am planning if I buy one:

115 17M SC 120 RX DG LD

(175w PSMH, SCWA ballast, 120v, 4 way glass refractor, coated lamp included)

Is this the correct way to order these? If so, where would I go about ordering one or getting a price estimate?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:56:51 PM by Lumex120 » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:20:21 PM » Author: wattMaster
I would email them, or try finding a distributor.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 10:50:46 PM » Author: Lumex120
I would email them, or try finding a distributor.
I don't want to waste their time with a simple question like that that is probably answered easily anyway. I can't find any nearby AEL distributors or ways to get a price estimate.

Unofficial LG Discord

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:27:35 PM » Author: Lodge
Don't think ever your wasting a companies time by trying to buy what they are selling, if your looking to buy one they will point you in the right direction that is why they are still in business, and I used to think the same thing many years ago who would sell me just one, but I learned my lesson about calling companies and asking simple questions.  I needed a few RF transmitter modules from Motorola, the guy on the other end of the phone said I didn't meet there minimum order volume, I was thinking in my head they were like $40 a shot I'm never going to get them if I have to buy a thousand of them, and then he said I can sample you 10 of them for free, whats your address, and they showed up three days later, all because I asked to buy something... If you don't ask you'll never know, and honestly the worst that can happen  is they will say no they won't sell them to you, If I was you I'd call them tomorrow, and don't feel bad asking if they offer samples either the worst they can say is sorry they don't, but you might have a smile on your face your the next year if they do, And lots of manufactures do, or they have reduced prices for evaluations or imperfects, or they ask for honest real world feedback (please always provide it if they do, it helps assure they will keep sending you new things as they come up) 
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 05:01:46 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Fisher Pierce used to send me samples all the time.  They sent me 4 7572B PE Controls once.  I told them I only had 120v, so they sent me 2 7571Bs, and 1 7571 which was a discontinued model they just wanted to get rid of.  This was back in 99 and I still have a couple of them, especially the 7571 and 7571B.  Doubt they do it anymore.  GE doesn't send out samples anymore, though they used to.  I too want an AEL 115, and I'll give them a shout.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 12:03:51 PM » Author: Lumex120
I too want an AEL 115, and I'll give them a shout.
Do you want the same configuration I want? If you do end up getting one, let me know what the price was and all that. Thanks.

Unofficial LG Discord

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 05:17:41 AM » Author: Silverliner
Graybar?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 02:27:19 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Do you want the same configuration I want? If you do end up getting one, let me know what the price was and all that. Thanks.

I am going to go to my local diatributor on Monday and ask about the price and ordering info for

115 40 S RN MT1 RX DG 4B UL SF EC PL PC LC.  I will let you know what mine will cost and you can make a guess from there.  I dunno if PSMH is cheaper or more expensive than HPS.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 07:22:22 PM » Author: Lumex120
I am going to go to my local diatributor on Monday and ask about the price and ordering info for

115 40 S RN MT1 RX DG 4B UL SF EC PL PC LC.  I will let you know what mine will cost and you can make a guess from there.  I dunno if PSMH is cheaper or more expensive than HPS.
400w HPS? :P :D
Did you get the price for this yet? I might actually end up ordering 400w HPS or 320w PSMH just for giggles since they are both options. Plus, I might be getting a job that would pay pretty well and for someone like me who doesn't have better things to spend it on, I could probably order whatever I want.

Unofficial LG Discord

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 07:45:55 PM » Author: M250R201SA
No price yet... I haven't made it to the distributor yet.  The only reason I want 400w is because it is one of very few small cobraheads that you can order a 400w HPS for.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 08:52:52 PM » Author: Lumex120
No price yet... I haven't made it to the distributor yet.  The only reason I want 400w is because it is one of very few small cobraheads that you can order a 400w HPS for.
Ah, ok. Just make sure to put a fan (or an ice pack on top) on it if you run it indoors. When will you be able to get a price estimate? If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, could you also find out how much a 200w or 50w version of the same catalog number would cost? I might also do 320w PSMH since it is in the list of most commonly ordered catalog #s.

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 04:27:18 PM » Author: Lumex120

I might actually end up getting that same configuration. Wouldn't the ballast need to be a CWA and not a reactor though?

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 11:07:48 AM » Author: Lumex120
Did you get the price estimate yet? If so, when are you going to order?

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Considering ordering an AEL 115, need some help. « Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 06:56:24 PM » Author: Lumex120
I requested a quote for a 125 today, specifically the "125 17M SC MT1 R4 DP" option. Now I'm just waiting for a response. I can't seem to get a job right now and I missed out on making a few hundred bucks so who knows how many years it might be until I can get one. I just hope they are still available for a long time.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies