Author Topic: The true danger of halogen lamps/lighting  (Read 5659 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: The true danger of halogen lamps/lighting « Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 11:47:11 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I've had a Chinese GE halogen explode on me too. It was a 72 watt one, but thankfully it was in an enclosed fixture outside.

Heh, today's date is featured on spongebob.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The true danger of halogen lamps/lighting « Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 03:50:09 AM » Author: Ash

All normal mini incandescent & LED strings have a pair of 3a fuses in the plug, When connecting sets together I've found you have to keep it below 2a or you'll pop the fuse.

Short from midpoint in the string (in series with some LEDs and the ballasting device), a short to rusty metal surface (high resistance there) or to metal parts that have weak connection to Earth won't pull much current. May well stay below 3A

3A at 120V is a lot of power. If this power dissipates in a bad place - like a screw going through the electrified gutter and lightly touching something else inside the wall which is Earthed, is able to dissipate several 10's Watts in localised heat. Thats about as much power as flame from a lighter
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies