Author Topic: SD Card problems  (Read 167 times)
wattMaster

View Gallery

Lit With CFL

SD Card problems « on: March 16, 2017, 06:17:24 PM » Author: wattMaster
One of my cameras are acting weird, whenever it tries to write to a particular SD Card, the files are corrupted and causes the camera to crash. The other files are still readable, luckily. Is the SD card already worn out from repetitive writes?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:51:50 AM by wattMaster » Logged

Where are daylight fluorescents when you need them?

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: SD Card problems « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:40:46 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Sounds like the SD card is probably shot, they're cheap so just get a new one. :lol:

I've went through a few XD cards myself.
Always starts with write errors/corrupted files.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:51:16 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

dor123

View Gallery
My other loves are computers and office equipment

Re: SD Card problems « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 12:48:41 AM » Author: dor123
One of the great disadventages of flash memory (One of the reason why I stay away from SSDs) is that they are limited amount of writing times. When all the area of the card is consumed, writing problem may arises.

I"m don't speak english well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I'm antiLED and hope that the LED lighting will be phased out in favor of old lighting technologies soon.

Ash

View Gallery

Re: SD Card problems « Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 01:28:47 AM » Author: Ash
SSD's are made by far more reliable than "disposable" flash devices

With that said, i only install SSDs at work (IT) or to family (to make the refurbished PCs i made for them work fast). As for me, i use old HD's (which i get for free from trashed PCs). Also, SSDs are far more expensive than HDs for storage space unit
marcopete87

View Gallery

Re: SD Card problems « Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 01:37:24 AM » Author: marcopete87
It can be an fake SD card
I had some issues with one genuine sd card: suddenly it went do being an rom.
dor123

View Gallery
My other loves are computers and office equipment

Re: SD Card problems « Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 01:45:59 AM » Author: dor123
I've heard that SSD crashes caused by power interruptions is very common, in contrast to mechanical HDD.

I"m don't speak english well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I'm antiLED and hope that the LED lighting will be phased out in favor of old lighting technologies soon.

Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: SD Card problems « Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 10:47:30 AM » Author: Lodge
I've heard that SSD crashes caused by power interruptions is very common, in contrast to mechanical HDD.

Yep they don't like being interrupted during a write cycle and a mechanical disk has enough momentum while spinning down to even park the heads they are actually designed to do this so they survive surprisingly well. But you can get power loss protected SSD's they basically use DRAM memory and a capacitor to support the DRAM to the large NAND memory writes should there be a power loss, however there is a cost to this so they are not normally found in consumer products, and UPS's are getting cheaper and offer more protection and allow for an orderly shut down and can even keep the desk light running so you have time to find the flashlight, so unless you have critical data, the UPS makes more sense for consumer products, and if you have critical data the UPS would already be there to support the generator turn on delays, and you would have enough fuel to support the mag tape write times which will keep your data for fifty years or more..   
Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines