Author Topic: Are the Venture HO HPS lamps, mercury free?  (Read 1381 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Are the Venture HO HPS lamps, mercury free? « on: October 05, 2016, 12:50:16 PM » Author: dor123
Several very yellow HPS lamps we have in Haifa, which I suspected that they are mercury free and posted pictures of them, recognised by several members as Venture. The closest thing that I can find at Venture website, is their HO lamps, which don't have any mentioning of them being mercury free.
As I don't expects for "Super" HPS lamp, to be so much yellow compared to regular HPS lamps (As I've seen with the Osram NAV-E 250W Super 4Y at Qiryat Ata), I'm wondering if the Venture HO HPS lamps, are really mercury free lamps or not, if they have much yellow color compared to regular HPS lamps.
Are these lamps really don't contains mercury?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Are the Venture HO HPS lamps, mercury free? « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:55:01 AM » Author: Lodge
Venture from what I've seen doesn't offer a mercury free HPS like Philips or a low mercury content like GE. 
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are the Venture HO HPS lamps, mercury free? « Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 03:45:27 AM » Author: dor123
The lamp I refers to (HPST.xW/E40/HO, usually 250W), is a lamp for the european market for operating on 230-240V reactors. The Venture HO, have an unusually yellow color compared to HPS lamps with mercury, and other high output HPS lamps that have high xenon pressure.
The lamp isn't marketed in your country and the european lighting manufacturers, don't produces reduced mercury HPS lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Are the Venture HO HPS lamps, mercury free? « Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 04:13:48 AM » Author: Lodge
That lamp HPST.250W/E40/HO model contains 6.25mg of mercury..
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are the Venture HO HPS lamps, mercury free? « Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 04:26:35 AM » Author: dor123
Its looks like few members of the site, misleading me with several of my pictures of unusually golden yellow HPS lamps that we have in Haifa, and that I captured near my father home, which I thinks that they are mercury free.
I entered to Venture Lighting Europe website and compared the mercury content of the Venture HPST.250W/E40/HO and the Venture HPSE.250W/E40 lamps, and both have 6.25mg mercury, meaning that there shouldn't be a noticeable color differencies between the regular Venture and the Venture HO HPS lamps.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:40:33 AM by dor123 » Logged

Liam

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are the Venture HO HPS lamps, mercury free? « Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 01:48:11 PM » Author: Liam
There is a color difference between the Venture HPS-T and the HPS-T/HO, i have some HO and standard Ventures in collection, the HO has more of rich light golden color as for the standard those have more of a orange color than the HO.

My gallery http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11495

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies