Author Topic: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams...  (Read 7187 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « on: March 25, 2017, 03:21:47 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Someone else's story elsehwere in this board of a strange dream they had inspired me to start this.  What are some of your funny/weird/strange/scary/terrifying NON LIGHTING RELATED dreams?

-When I was very young, probably age five or even less, I had this scary recurring dream of being tied up by thugs in my bed sheets.
-I also used to have a terrifying (recurring) dream that I was trapped in the back of a car speeding down this particular section of road I know in real life, with no driver; knowing the car was bound to crash for obvious reasons and trying to climb to the front seat and stop the car.  This was long before I had even my first rudimentary driving lessons; I was probably 15 the last time I had one of these. 
-For several years growing up, I lived (and will later return to live) in rural southeast Alaska, on Baranof Island.  After having problems in waking life with the resident brown bear population (long story) and tsunami warnings/earthquakes I used to always have terrifying bear/tsunami dreams.  i.e the classic try to run but you can't sort of thing.  In one dream in particular I remember I encountered a bear, in the dark, walking home with a flashlight, saw the pair of eyes glowing in the dark, I moved, they moved, etc, tried to run but couldn't, tried to scream but I couldn't, but in the dream the only thing I could utter was "F*** YOU! F*** YOU! F*** YOU! repeatedly as loud as I could.  I woke up and my dad is up and about at 2AM, I got up and asked have I just been screaming profanities in my sleep? 
-I have so many I could think of and repost but there's several of my better ones.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:42:35 AM » Author: Lumex120
The only one I ever had that actually scared me doesn't sound scary now, but at the time it terrified me.

So, I was at a campsite at night, and I was trying to run to a van (it was very dark) for some reason when suddenly someone yells "GET DOWN!" and there is an intense growing deafening static sound coming from everywhere. I didn't look to see what was happening, I thought it was a nuclear bomb or something. I don't know what it would have been, but it really scared me.

Another reoccurring dream I had when I was like 5-6 is that a leaf blower would chase me everywhere in the house when I was alone.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 12:37:28 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Zarlog, to be honest, that dream with the static actually does sound kinda scary/creepy.
@Ace100w120v, I did talk about that weird floating fish in the middle of Kmart in a different thread of yours, I think.
Although that one was unforgettable, I've got more from when I was a kid.
Here's one:
I was sleeping and it was morning time, with the blue sky shining through the blinds next to my bed. It was time for
me to get up but before I could, a bony hand held my neck down against my bed/pillow. The bony hand felt very sharp
and I managed to turn my eyes enough to the point where through peripheral vision I saw the Grim Reaper. I tried
to scream of course but I couldn't. Then I tried to force myself upward against the strength of the Grim Reapers hand
and as I did, the Grim Reaper made a slightly high pitched "eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound that echoed and everything began to shake
like an earthquake. The grip from the Grim Reaper got much stronger and everything, of course, got darker and darker
as the earthquake began to increase. We already know how that one ends!

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 04:02:07 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I had a horrible one a couple nights ago.  I dreamt I was being taken to the dentist to have more teeth pulled, and a micro chip of the type dogs/cats get implanted in my gums.  I'm sure this was related to the recent internet privacy rulings in Congress along with the fact I got a reminder from my dentist it's time for a checkup.  LOL. 
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 08:06:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
I haven't been to the dentist in years! Reminds me that it might be time for me to attempt to go.
Another weird dream as a kid, though I've actually had several dreams of this:
For some odd reason I was on the ground. I got up and looked around, realizing I was in a very very
large bathroom with a high ceiling. (at least 30 feet high) One incandescent lamp, about 60 watts,
was the only thing lighting the whole bathroom. There was no water running but the bathroom was very very steamy.
For some odd reason that's all that happens and I wake up.
I had another version of this dream as well, only with that one the bathroom was an average sized bathroom,
with two incandescent lights on a wall on top of a mirror. The bathroom was yet again very steamy, but with
this bathroom, the ceiling was soggy and caving in. Much like the other dream, I woke up again completely at random.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 05:26:56 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I have a lot of paranormal dreams!, one I remember well, (a few weeks ago now), I was out with the wife and kids at a kind of large outdoor market on a hot summers day.
There was a cafe on this market which I was sitting in having a drink, while the missus and kids were looking round the market.

Heres where it gets weired, walking out of the cafe doors, to the right of me was the market stalls, to the left a lane, this lane was very beautiful to look down, lined with trees and hedgerows with the sun shining on the white stone floor, (however it didn`t seem to `end` anywhere)?

The more I looked, the more it seemed to beckon me with its `beauty`!, but there was something that gave me an uneasy feeling about it??
I had to explore it even though I really should have told my missus where I was going!, but no, I started to walk down this lane.

The further I walked down it, the more picturesque it got, and the more I relaxed and contented I felt, there was a river running alongside it, with all coloured rocks in its clear water, and rolling hills and fields of green to each side, but then, turning a corner I saw, what looked like night????

It was so weired, as I walked towards it, it was like a line had been drawn on the floor, one side of the line, (where I was standing), was a summer day in the lane, the other side was a lonely road at night, running from left to right, (like a t-junction/intersection from off the lane), but in total darkness, (if you can understand what I mean)???

I looked out from the other side of the line to an empty landscape also with hills but no trees or other landscape features, quite spooky to look at.
I knew I shouldn`t, but something made me walk over this `daytime to night` line, the second I did though, the whole world behind me, (the summer, the lane, the market, and my family), disappeared!, until I was standing on this lonely road in total darkness, the lane had gone, but there was another small road leading off the one I was standing on.

In a panic, I ran towards this other road, but as I went down it my surroundings went from reality to something resembling a world seen through some sort of TV static, (is the best way I can describe it), just then the ground started to split around me, and lava started to ooze out from the cracks, when in horror, I was approached by two ghostly looking grey/white TV static figures......at which point I woke up!

Far from a nightmare, I love dreams like this!, I know that sounds weired, but I do ;)
If I had one wish, it would be to invent a machine that can record dreams, so you can play them back as movies the next day! :D, imagine your collection!  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:00:22 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 06:27:45 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Angryhorse, that is legitimately the type of dream that I would expect to have! That's definitely really creepy

Interests:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 09:19:24 AM » Author: Lumex120
Here is one I had when I was about 3 years old:

I was in a large room with a VERY high ceiling (almost 300 feet probably) and at the top was a polished brass ceiling fan with only 3 blades. The walls were covered with wood paneling all the way up to the ceiling, and there was one of those old style LED signage screens on the wall. There were some other people in the room, and one of them tried to turn on the ceiling fan with a switch, but instead of the fan turning on a white streak shot across the LED screen and it started smoking, and a fire started and rapidly grew and went up the wall. Someone said "Oops!" and that's when I woke up.
I still remember it very clearly, which is weird since I don't remember very much from when I was that age.

Unofficial LG Discord

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:54:54 PM » Author: AngryHorse
The human brain in its dream state is THE strangest most powerful wonders of the human body ever!!
I have lots of dreams, (although none lighting related yet), but mine go from being totally alone in a creepy hotel thats a large as a town, to places you would only see whilst sparked out on large quantitys of LSD!!!  ;D

The bulk of my dreams are set in places that I know where they are, (but look totally different, from beautiful to out and out scary)!! if that makes any sense?
I tend to remember all my dreams too, and have had a few that are the same ones over many years, (yes it is possible to have the same dream twice), its weired, but a few minutes from waking from a dream before it fades, you remember having that dream before, but years ago.

Regarding the tall room dream, I only seem to have dreams in really large rooms when I`m ill, (with a chest infection or a flu, and the likes), I lie on a huge bed that seems to constantly sink you in to it, whilst looking up at a massive room that make you feel tiny in?, this dream is both really relaxing, whilst being quite daunting at the same time!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:56:32 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 07:55:01 AM » Author: suzukir122
Ironically, I've had a dream regarding a ceiling fan as well when I was a kid. I forgot about this... and up
to this day, I still rule it down to be the shortest dream I've ever had.
It was a ceiling fan, but instead of just blades, there were two lamp T12 rapid start fluorescent fixtures attached.
(these fixtures looked as if they were built into the blades. Five blades total) I flipped the switch and not only did the
fixtures start up, the ceiling fan began spinning. Before the fan reached full speed, I woke up. The dream was very very
quick though. I did manage to see the 120 hertz halophosphate flicker from the lamps with each spin.
This was a little after I first discovered the rapid start 120 hertz flicker in school, during 2nd grade.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 04:22:14 PM » Author: CEB1993
I recently had a really vivid dream.  I often have vivid dreams, but I quickly forget about them as I go about my day.  This one stands out because I was aware of my thoughts within the dream.  

I dreamed that I had blurry vision, as if I was not wearing my contacts.  I picked up a bottle of white wine to try to read the label.  When I put the label in front of my face, someone came from behind and jerked the bottle out of my hands.  I shouted "Hey, don't snatch that from me, I was trying to read it!"  Suddenly, my vision was clear and I could see that I was in my grandparents' kitchen with unfamiliar people standing near me.  I instantly felt ashamed of myself for yelling and getting angry in front of so many people.  I began to feel nervous as I thought there may have been someone I know in that crowd. However, I don't recall recognizing any of my friends or family in the dream.  I then woke up and it took me a few seconds to realize nothing in the dream actually happened.

Now that I think about it, maybe my blurred vision and the bottle of wine meant that I was drunk in my dream.  I am really self conscious in front of most people, and am highly aware of my actions and words, which explained the second half of my dream where I thought anxiously about what people would think of my angry outburst.  Good thing it was only a dream  :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:24:58 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 08:27:11 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Some dreams of mine if I can remember

#1: I was crossing a road I was familiar with in Reading which was busy with cars, a traffic jam built up giving me the chance to cross over. Then when I turned around, the cars were no longer there but a FREIGHT TRAIN was moving quite slowly!!  :o

#2: Real life story] When dad and I went to see a steam engine whizz by Reading West station, there was a photographer there who was bald and he was half deaf and we seemed to chat for a short while, then the steam engine came, I was the fastest runner taking the most pictures, the deaf guy was second place in the so called race and my dad was third.  ;D :D
[The dream] I was going to the conservatory at night and I se my dad sitting there on the chair talking to the man we saw whilst at Reading West station and it was a nice chat! Strange thing was that they were under the light from the piano room chandelier and didn't turn on the Crompton Crompack and 1992 FL fixtures there!  :)

#3: A dream related to being self conscious. When I was still in school in 6th form, I dream't that I was back in school doing PE which was probe hockey or some high action sport and one of the girls (classmate of 6th form) said something about her sister gonna be something something horrifying onto to me! I then woke up in horror!
Dream was related to everyday school and the 6th form classmate had a sister who was 5 years younger than me and always looked at me as if I am a horrible person and I DREADED seeing her overtime I pass through corridors, causing my self conscious to go into overdrive!! Thank goodness I am out of school and completely out of her sight  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 09:58:39 PM » Author: CEB1993
My actual physical condition and perceptions while I'm sleeping tend to influence the content of my dreams:

I often dream about searching for a bathroom or being in a bathroom.  It's influenced by me having to get out of bed all the time to go at night because I have a tiny bladder.

I have had a toothache that was related to sinus pressure and I remember having a few really clear dreams about my teeth falling out at that time. One of my scarier dreams. 

When it's cold outside and I'm trying to stay warm under my electric blanket, I sometimes dream about seeing snow from outside a window. One time I dreamed that I was walking on a golf course covered in snow, despite the fact that I usually play golf in the spring or summer.  I guess it was about 20 degrees that night and my room had a draft in order to influence me to dream about a hot and sweaty activity being covered in snow.

It's really strange and also cool how my dreams signal my body's perceptions while I'm asleep and "communicates" to me via dreams.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 03:50:19 AM » Author: Flurofan96
CEB93: Oh I also had several dreams being related to oral heath problems! I even dreamt of losing my adult molar tooth whilst being on the train to London and the thing was the adult molar tooth easily came out like as if it was your former teeth. Other dreams involved a huge cavity and also my molar tooth with filling getting damaged. But very interesting you dream of bathrooms but I can see the logic

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 02:40:25 PM » Author: xelareverse
Alright so here's a crazy dream I had. I was at a Fourth of July show. There were fireworks and airplanes. And then I somehow got to look into the future and saw that one of the plane Pilots was going to die from fireworks hitting plane in a way that would mess everything up. So somehow it did happen. A day later he rolled up to me in a wheelchair with a few facial disfigurements. It wasn't 100% healed yet so he couldn't walk. Also in the dream I think it was like a family friend or whatever. I need to stop watching Shane Dawson Conspiracy Theory videos in the middle of the night.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies