Author Topic: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams...  (Read 7185 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 01:34:38 PM » Author: CEB1993
I just had a strange dream earlier this week.  It was a little off-putting, but certainly not the worst dream I've ever had.

I was in a large classroom in a college class that looked like a room from my high school.   It was a history and geography class.  I remember the professor being a male, although I didn't recognize him or any of the other students in the room.  I saw written on the board: Monday the 12th, Test.  I thought to myself within the dream how far away that was.  The next moment, I was walking into the same classroom and I didn't realize it was the day of the test until I took my seat.  I did not study and totally forgot about it.  I woke up with a jolt.

I would frequently have school-related anxiety dreams back when I was actually enrolled in classes, but this dream came at an unusual time.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 09:50:15 PM » Author: CEB1993
Last night I had a strange and really vivid dream.  I dreamed that I was in the mall, in a German style restaurant.  I wish this restaurant was real, since there was a huge bar with beers on tap, sofa like seats, and I remember seeing lots of soft baked pretzels and a huge stew pot with a goulash type stew next to one table.  I was sitting in this restaurant, when all of a sudden one of my friends calls me.  He says that he is in the restroom in a department store in the mall, and is out of toilet paper.  Within in my dream, I am aware that I need to hurry and find the bathroom my friend is in.  I somehow obtain a roll of toilet paper as I walk into the store and make my way to the bathroom.  In the store, I get confused and walk through many different rooms.  The first room has dark wood paneling and spotlights shining on women's clothing, the next room is much brighter, has white walls and fluorescent lights.  It has toys and Lego sets in it.  The final room I walk into looks like a dark dining room with a wooden table and 8 chairs around it.  The room is wood paneled and lit by a dim incandescent chandelier.  On the other side of this room is the door to the men's restroom.  I walk in and toss the roll of toilet paper over the stall door to my friend, mission accomplished!  Right after this, I am somehow back in the German restaurant.  I hear indistinct voices talking, and then I woke up.

This dream probably happened because I installed a toilet paper rack in my bathroom at the lake house the day before.  It's amazing how small cues during the day can be so influential in your dreams.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:52:15 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 10:07:46 PM » Author: suzukir122
heh... now THAT is a dream I would expect myself to have.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 10:46:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
Last night, I dreamed that I was on a family trip to Las Vegas.  I remember the dream started with me in the back of my dad's car.  It seems like we drove at night and was a lot faster than it would actually be driving from South Carolina to Nevada.  The dream cut to my family and me sitting at a table in a large restaurant, looking out onto a busy road in Las Vegas.  The first thing I noticed is that there was a steep downward hill in the road outside.  Looked more like San Francisco than Las Vegas.  At the table, I noticed that my family and I were by ourselves while all the other tables were joined together.  I'm not sure why we were isolated, but I remember thinking to myself within the dream, what if these people think I talk funny, being far away from my hometown in South Carolina.  I suddenly felt anxious and self conscious and hoped I wouldn't have to talk.  (I consider it a vivid dream when I am aware of my thoughts within the dream, cool stuff!)

The next scene was me walking by myself to the hotel room.  The hallway was long, covered in red carpet, and had a steep downward hill, just like the street I saw earlier.  Strange, a hill inside a building ???  When I arrived at my room, I noticed that all of the furniture was huge.  I climbed up on the king sized bed, and it seemed like I had 4 feet of clearance between the baseboard and my feet (I'm about 6 feet tall IRL) The lamps on each side of the bed were too tall for me to reach, so the room was dark and shadows obscured where there would be a TV.  I was either in some kind of giant's room, or I had shrunk to 1/4 of my actual size.  I fell asleep on the bed, face down on the enormous pillow, and I woke up, in my normal sized body and bed.

This is my second vivid dream in about two weeks involving me in a strange hotel.  I'm not sure what that means.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:50:56 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 09:31:42 AM » Author: suzukir122
Man I'm feeling short. I'm about 5 8 or 5 9. About average height. (I tippy toe on my motorcycle too)
But yeah... I think the only dreams I have where I'm small and my surroundings were huge, seemed to be only
the extremely steamy bathroom dreams I kept having. There was one dream where I remembered being in the entrance
area of a small square bathroom that had a ceiling that was about 16 feet high. There was a bright halogen spot light
at the middle portion of the ceiling-tile based ceiling, and really small brown floor tiles lit up by that halogen spot light.
The sink was about 8 ft away and to my right. The toilet cubicle area was to the right of the sink, 6 feet away from the sink... and
the shower area was to my left, about 4 feet away from me. The shower doors were about 8 feet tall and made out of glass. However, the
shower head was basically attached to the ceiling and humongous. I turned on the shower and the entire bathroom instantly steamed up
and that's when I woke up.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 09:38:12 PM » Author: CEB1993
I dreamed that I was on vacation at a mountain resort.  I started out in a hotel room (I have lots of dreams about hotels for some reason  ???) I walked out of my room and down the stairs to the lobby.  The lobby was a large open-air room that had several tables and chairs with people sitting around drinking coffee and just talking.  I walked out and noticed a river leading to a waterfall at the edge of the mountain.  There were people swimming in the river because it was safe due to a row of boulders against the edge of the mountain.  I looked over the edge of the waterfall and could not see the bottom  :o  I did not fall or even feel afraid in the dream.  

The next scene, I was in a gift shop at the hotel looking at t-shirts. I wanted two t-shirts because I wanted to give one to one of my friends.  I was frustrated because the t-shirt I liked only had one in large (we both wear a large size shirt)  I didn't buy the t-shirt and went to get ready to go home.  When I put my suitcase in the trunk of my car, I remember thinking about being careful with the glass whiskey glasses in my suitcase, and not throwing the suitcase or slamming the trunk too hard.  I got into the backseat of my own car  ??? and then I woke up.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:43:03 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 10:06:48 PM » Author: CEB1993
I often dream about being in my grandparents' house.  My most recent dream about their house involved me rearranging the furniture in the bedroom I usually sleep in at their house.  I moved the bed so that I could lay in it and see out the door and into the hall.  I moved the dresser in front of the closet door, making the closet inaccessible.  I walked down the hall to do the same thing in another bedroom, but the bed was too heavy for me to move.  The last thing I remember from this dream is looking under the bed to find a place to hold onto and lift. 

Dreams about beds, perhaps it means I am feeling tired and worn out IRL.

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 08:17:53 PM » Author: CEB1993
I had a really detailed dream last night, a dream in which I was actually happy :)  I often dream about being scared or stressed out, so this was remarkable. 

In the beginning of my dream, I was walking out the door from the kitchen into the garage in my house.  The lights were on (looked like metal halides in the overhead lights  :mv:)  I have incandescents in my garage IRL.  Anyway, I noticed the two cars in the garage.  The nearest car was my brother's run down 2001 BMW, dripping oil, and missing pieces.  The other car, to my enormous delight was what appeared to be a 2018 Subaru Outback.  I had a new car in my dream!  ;D  The Outback was light silver, with black leather seats and beautiful brown wood trim inside.  It was fully loaded with the navigation, XM radio, seat warmers, and of course full time four wheel drive.  It was sweet!  I opened the front driver side door and noticed that there were frameless windows, like in slightly older model Subarus. 

I started the car (push-button start) and backed out of the metal halide lit garage.  It was dark outside, but I noticed my other car, the red VW Jetta parked in the driveway outside.  I thought to myself how happy I was about getting to keep my old car and enjoy my new car, too.  I thought about how the Jetta would be safe parked in the driveway while I drove the Subaru. 

The scene cut to me driving to an office building, similar to the one I took my GRE test in a few months ago.  The building was uninhabited as it was the middle of the night.  I exited the car and walked up some stairs to the front door of the building.  The lobby inside had tall, vaulted ceilings and was brightly lit with incandescent spotlights and 2700K fluorescent light.  I walked to the elevator and thought about which floor I needed to go to.  I stood in front of the closed elevator, waiting for it to arrive.

I woke up, unsure about where that elevator would take me, but happy about getting to experience a nice new car.

Stop the lamp bans!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #23 on: July 11, 2022, 08:21:44 AM » Author: AngryHorse
So I had to dig out the dream thread again as another one of my weird paranormal dreams occurred last night!
It involved myself, my niece, a friend, a crazy neighbour and a young woman who’s name I remember as Julia!

It started with me, my niece and my friend sat in an apparent, I had these curved chairs I was lying down on when my niece started laughing saying they reminded her of giant dog beds!  :lol:
Just then we heard a noise of ‘dragging chains’ in the street outside and we went to investigate.

Now when I say street outside it wasn’t exactly a street but more of a long tunnel! of about 800 metres in length, and as you walked out of the apartment door you stepped onto a small path of about 2 foot wide to a dark grey railing, and beyond the railing was like a gravel road to a grass bank on the opposite side of the tunnel.

The creepy thing was, everything was dark grey in colour, the whole tunnel, the apartment doors, the path, the gravel, with the grass bank being a brown colour as if it were all dead!
There was no sky, but it’s as if you were outside but in a tunnel if that makes any sense!!
The noise outside was two ‘official’ looking people, (a man and a woman), attaching a large chain to a metal door on the grass. The chain was attached and the man and woman beckoned us over for help.

Neither of them ever spoke to us, but gestured for me my niece and friend to grab the chain and pull on it as they levered the large metal door in the ground at one end with crow bars.
Just then we were joined by the crazy neighbour who also helped us pull on the chain, and the metal door opened up towards us. It was about 8 foot by 4 foot in size and it uncovered a deep concrete ramp that half of was smooth and the opposite half was stairs, leading deep down into a pit at the bottom.

Just then the crazy neighbour jumped onto the smooth side of the ramp shouting something like “wahay slide”! This didn’t seem to phase the officials who just carried on writing things down on a clipboard, but I was shocked and went after him down the stairs side thinking we would be in big trouble!
I only got halfway down the stairs when my crazy neighbour came running back out of the pit, white as a ghost and really shook up on what he had seen in the pit!

He grabbed my arm and stuttered “we have to go!, now”, pulling me back to the apartment’s, confused all 4 of us now ran back to the door of our apartment and turned around to see the officials now beckoning us to go back inside, again they never spoke, they just turned around and walked off.
Me and the crazy neighbour stood at the railing looking across at the still, open door to the pit, when we began to hear a low rumbling sound fill the tunnel, we looked down it’s full length and started to see flashes of red and UV light at the other end, and a cold wind started to fill the tunnel.

At this point the rumbling started to get louder and Julia came out of her apartment crying saying she was afraid of what was going to happen, my niece took her by the hand and told her to stay with us in ours.
They went into our apartment while me and my crazy neighbour remained at the railing wondering what was happening?
The rumble continued to get louder and all of a sudden the red and UV lights shot out like laser beams from the bottom of the tunnel, hitting the open door to the pit, the air was immediately filled with the strong smell of ozone, and me and crazy neighbour decided it was time to leave, all 5 of us were now in my apartment, and we locked the door behind us!

We were now all crowded together in the corner of the apartment listening to the rumbling that was now shaking the room and the noise was unbearable, to the point we all passed out!
On waking up again, we were no longer in our apartment, but a large room with white panel’s on the walls and a light brown carpet, at the end of the room was a corner, my friend went around the corner and told me to come and see quickly!

There was a grate around the corner where we both saw the face of what looked like a demon, and as I backed out of the corner, I told my friend, “if you think that’s scary you should see this “!
Coming along the room towards us was a creature, like a blue/purple in colour, about 5 foot wide and dragging itself along the wall with arm like appendage's, it had no eyes, just a large gaping mouth with teeth!

At this point I woke up!

Don’t you just love creepy dreams!  8)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 12:52:22 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #24 on: September 21, 2022, 10:18:10 AM » Author: Rommie
A lot of the dreams I have (the ones that I remember, anyway  ;D) involve buses, which isn't really surprising as I used to be a bus driver. Most of them feature being on a bus in a weird location with equally weird passengers... Hang on that was perfectly normal when I drove for a living  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Your strange (Non lighting related) dreams... « Reply #25 on: September 25, 2022, 12:15:57 AM » Author: Cole D.
I just had a strange dream earlier this week.  It was a little off-putting, but certainly not the worst dream I've ever had.

I was in a large classroom in a college class that looked like a room from my high school.   It was a history and geography class.  I remember the professor being a male, although I didn't recognize him or any of the other students in the room.  I saw written on the board: Monday the 12th, Test.  I thought to myself within the dream how far away that was.  The next moment, I was walking into the same classroom and I didn't realize it was the day of the test until I took my seat.  I did not study and totally forgot about it.  I woke up with a jolt.

I would frequently have school-related anxiety dreams back when I was actually enrolled in classes, but this dream came at an unusual time.

I still have dreams like this from time to time to this day, although it's been a while since I've had one. Usually they involve me wandering around campus, unable to find my classes, or walking into the wrong class. Other times I'm in college and it's well into or the end of semester and I realize I have classes on my schedule that I never attended, or completely forgot to do any work for, and I'm worried that I lost all my tuition and failed the classes.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies