Author Topic: Built-in chat feature?  (Read 965 times)
nicksfans

View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Built-in chat feature? « on: April 07, 2017, 12:11:27 PM » Author: nicksfans
Sorry if this has already been suggested, and I realize it may be difficult to implement, but is there any way a chat feature could be added to the site? I'd love to be able to, for instance, set up a group chat with several members within L-G without having to use Facebook Messenger or some other platform. This is mainly because some members don't use other types of social media, and trying to juggle PMs from multiple people is awkward.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Lumex120

View Gallery

175w mercury vapor

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Built-in chat feature? « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 12:21:05 PM » Author: Lumex120
Sorry if this has already been suggested, and I realize it may be difficult to implement, but is there any way a chat feature could be added to the site? I'd love to be able to, for instance, set up a group chat with several members within L-G without having to use Facebook Messenger or some other platform. This is mainly because some members don't use other types of social media, and trying to juggle PMs from multiple people is awkward.
This would be a nice feature. Perhaps Discord could be used?

LEDs = Downgrade 85% of the applications.

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Built-in chat feature? « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 02:30:43 PM » Author: rjluna2
We tried with the chat feature at the Gallery of Light, but it was not a popular selection.  They later removed it.  I don't know if this would a good idea about this Undecided

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Roi_hartmann

View Gallery

Re: Built-in chat feature? « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 12:12:10 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I also think there most likely would not be that much use for such feature. But if it's easy to implement I don't see why not.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Interests: Discharge lighting, mainly MV

missriaelaine ria1039
Re: Built-in chat feature? « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:04:21 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
I also think there most likely would not be that much use for such feature. But if it's easy to implement I don't see why not.

I'd use it.

Ria in Aberdeen

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

MercuryVapor1 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Built-in chat feature? « Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 07:35:29 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'd use it.

Same here.

--Owen
I'm Probably one of the craziest people you would see... and my room is a reflection of that, welcome to the world of Frankenstein setups and jimmy rigging!

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines