Author Topic: Asymmetric reflectors and led floodlights  (Read 1023 times)
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Asymmetric reflectors and led floodlights « on: April 16, 2017, 04:38:59 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I was wondering, in HID floodlights, asymmectric reflectors are pretty common but nowadays you see all lower wattage flood lights being replaced by led ones. Is it possible to make a led floodlight that would have similar light pattern as HID floodlight with asymmetric reflector? I have been believing that the reflector in led floodlight does not do pretty much anything.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Asymmetric reflectors and led floodlights « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 04:44:24 PM » Author: Ash
It would be possible with a filament LED, but those are not in the same output ranges as HID luminaires. It would make good replacement to the COB LED floodlights in the smallest sizes (up to 20W)

The problem with LEDs (in shapes except filament) is that they are directional sources. The lighting industry sees that as advantage when they are used with lens panels, but at the same time this prevents effective use with reflectors of the designs we came to expect with HID lights
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Asymmetric reflectors and led floodlights « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 01:18:35 AM » Author: dor123
Here is Gaash Jupiter asymmetrical LED floodlight using Philips Fortimo LED module with an asymmetric reflector.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:12:01 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies