Author Topic: Cooper RMA 200w HPS?  (Read 1649 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « on: April 18, 2017, 09:30:09 AM » Author: Lumex120
I am considering ordering a NEMA light for my collection (HPS). I was reading the Cooper RMA spec sheet and noticed it is available in 200w HPS. Are these very uncommon? If 200w HPS 120v is an option I will probably order that, but has anyone had any experiences with these? I am kind of worried about the refractor melting or something.

Unofficial LG Discord

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:19:05 AM » Author: streetlight98
I wouldn't get 200W HPS in a little NEMA head but if you want one, knock yourself out. I'd only want a NEMA head in MV or MH.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:34:47 PM » Author: Lumex120
I wouldn't get 200W HPS in a little NEMA head but if you want one, knock yourself out. I'd only want a NEMA head in MV or MH.
I am also considering the 100w PSMH option, but I would kind of like to have a 200w HPS bucket light. ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:58 PM » Author: streetlight98
Better act fast. Cooper offers a PSMH NEMA last I checked but AEL and GE do not.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:06:54 PM » Author: Lodge
Better act fast. Cooper offers a PSMH NEMA last I checked but AEL and GE do not.

Yep PSMH are losing ground to LED's right now...
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:06:18 AM » Author: Silverliner
PG&E has some 200w HPS NEMAs in use. They have a deeper optical assembly similar to the LPS NEMAs.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:19:01 AM » Author: Lumex120
PG&E has some 200w HPS NEMAs in use. They have a deeper optical assembly similar to the LPS NEMAs.
Do you have any pictures? I would be interested in seeing this. If I do order one, it will probably be 100w metal halide (with a mogul socket) but if it doesn't cost too much more I might get the HPS. If I order it in metal halide, do they come with enclosed refractors? I don't want to order it with a mogul socket only to have it come with an O-rated socket (they don't make protected mogul base low wattage PSMH lamps).

Unofficial LG Discord

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 11:54:17 AM » Author: streetlight98
Simple solution: Order the fixture with the lamp included. That guarantees you'll get a compatible lamp whether they use an open rated socket or a cover on the bottom of the bucket. I doubt they'd use an open rated socket if open rated lamps don't exist.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 02:34:45 PM » Author: Lumex120
Simple solution: Order the fixture with the lamp included. That guarantees you'll get a compatible lamp whether they use an open rated socket or a cover on the bottom of the bucket. I doubt they'd use an open rated socket if open rated lamps don't exist.
I will probably do that then. Also, what kind of optics would you recommend ordering it with? I was thinking of ordering Type III since that is less common on NEMA lights.

Unofficial LG Discord

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Cooper RMA 200w HPS? « Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 08:37:45 PM » Author: streetlight98
Yeah I'd go with Type III since the prism pattern is cool on those. 8)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies