Author Topic: Funny LED story  (Read 5559 times)
a lamp
Funny LED story « on: April 23, 2017, 06:01:45 AM » Author: a lamp
Hello, this story is from a few months ago but i thought it would be funny if i shared this story with you...

So... I was in my room [Which at the time was lit up with a 9.5W LED, and a 13W CFL, this will be important later] and i was heading to get a new bulb to replace a dead bulb in the other room's fixture. [Which was lit up with the same lamps as my fixture] And opening it up i found that the LED lamp had failed so i replaced it with a new LED. I was gone from my room for like 10 minutes and when i got back i found that one of the lamps in my fixture had failed. At first i thought it was the CFL [since it was 4 or 5 years old and running in a sideways possession] but to my surprise it was the LED lamp that failed.

And that was the beginning of my hatred towards LEDs. ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:22:23 AM by a lamp » Logged
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:00:50 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Well that says it all LEDs are truly crap!!
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 07:07:14 PM » Author: FGS
Got pics of those LEDs?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

a lamp
Re: Funny LED story « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:32:31 PM » Author: a lamp
No but i do have the driver board.
But they were some feit A19 shape lamps from costco.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:34:32 PM by a lamp » Logged
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Funny LED story « Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 10:20:48 PM » Author: Lumex120
My hatred of LEDs started when they suddenly wiped out 100% of the freeway lights here within the past 6 months. :'(

Unofficial LG Discord

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 11:48:31 PM » Author: Lodge
To bad you tore them apart, Costco would of replaced them for free, I've taken back CFLs that where used for seven years but the box said ten year warranty Costco had no issue they took my one light and gave me a box of six for free no questions asked...
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 02:21:46 PM » Author: AngryHorse
What sort of life was on them?, I have had plenty of Megaman CFL fail early, but no LED as of yet?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 04:18:08 AM » Author: Beta 5
My dislike of LEDs is because people think they are suitable for all applications, even when other light sources (Fluorescent and HID) can be more efficient and better suited to that application, and when people just assume that Because its LED, it must be better than all other light sources, and consider all other light sources as bad.
This is true, when people think that LED street lights are the best, and assume the more efficient SOX lanterns and lamps to be very inefficient.

I also hate the fact that they are trying to wipe out the proper reliable HID and fluorescent lighting, and that LED lights often quote ridiculous life spans, like 25 years life for an LED street light, when we have LED lanterns failing after a matter of months, but SOX and mercury lanterns still running after 50 years of service.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 04:28:54 AM » Author: dor123
An extreme example of this, is that there is a LEDisease nuisance at Romema neighborhood, Haifa, in which Haifa took advantage of the rehabilitation work they doing, of the damage in the neighborhood that the November 2016 Israel fires, and convered all of the HPS lighting in Romema, to Gaash Venus LED lanterns, and currently this neighborhood illuminated 100% by LEDisease.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 02:58:57 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I don`t think anyone is TRYING to wipe out fluorescent and HID purposely, it just that old, `march of progress` thing, and yes, although their very reliable, lets not forget fluorescent and HID is getting on now to be an 85 year old technology, in the next 85 years LED will be a thing of the past also!

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 03:33:50 PM » Author: Ash
So ? We use many technologies that are centuries and millenias old without a second thought every day
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 03:47:07 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Such as?

Welcome to OBLIVION

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 06:19:09 PM » Author: Ash
Pencils
 - While there are pens

Pens and paper
 - While there is computer

Desktop PC
 - While there is tablet

Keyboard - even on the tablet
 - While there is voice recognition

Mechanical locks
 - While there are many types of electronic ones, and they are supposedly more secure

Landline phone
 - While there is cell phone

Hand towels
 - While there are electric hand dryers of various designs (hot air or airblade)

Water tap with handle
 - While there is tap with proximity sensor

Garden hose
 - While there are drip irrigation systems and automatic car wash booths

Manual lighting switch
 - While there are PIR sensor switches

Stove (gas or reistive heater), Oven (resistive heater)
 - While there are electric stoves based on heating by Induction, and microwave ovens

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 06:38:32 PM » Author: Lodge
Such as?

Clocks have been with us since about 725 A.D, sure they are not really cool looking clocks with deckatrons and nixie tubes all glowing a soft neon orange but we have had mechanical clocks for a very long time, and we still use them today, and just about every home has at least one, and so does every employer and they seem to get very annoyed if you wind them forward just after lunch by an hour or two...  
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Funny LED story « Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 02:30:15 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Pencils
 - While there are pens
These were just a technological advance from chiseling letter out of as piece of stone.

Pens and paper
 - While there is computer
Not such a march of progress, just convenient.

Desktop PC
 - While there is tablet
We haven`t had the desk top PC for either centuries or millenias.

Keyboard - even on the tablet
 - While there is voice recognition
As above.

Mechanical locks
 - While there are many types of electronic ones, and they are supposedly more secure
Mechanical lock were also a technological advance on a piece of wood jamming a door closed.

Landline phone
 - While there is cell phone
All phones were an advance on pony express/smoke signals and the likes.

Hand towels
 - While there are electric hand dryers of various designs (hot air or airblade)
Cheaper to make than the dyson airblade!

Water tap with handle
 - While there is tap with proximity sensor
Technological advance from the well and bucket.

Garden hose
 - While there are drip irrigation systems and automatic car wash booths
Technological advance from Archimedes screw.

Manual lighting switch
 - While there are PIR sensor switches
March of progress from lighting candles and flaming torches!

Stove (gas or reistive heater), Oven (resistive heater)
 - While there are electric stoves based on heating by Induction, and microwave ovens
More efficient than cooking on an open fire.

My point here is, yes your right, although these things still exist, their still all just the march of progress from what their predecessors were.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:33:43 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies