Author Topic: chrap merc cobra heads  (Read 242 times)
ballastmaster

View Gallery

chrap merc cobra heads « on: May 16, 2017, 11:58:12 AM » Author: ballastmaster
ive been wondering how to go about acquiring a nice 175 watt mercury vapor cobrahead for my collection but on the cheap.... any advice?? Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp
Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: chrap merc cobra heads « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:54:44 PM » Author: Lodge
Well unless your good at climbing poles in the dark and working on live wiring, you might try visiting a local Re-Store and see what they have, they do show up from time to time, put an ISO on Kijiji/Craigslist, phone your city/county, state ask for there surplus sales and give them a call or visit there website/store. Keep an eye on ebay, or make your own from a HPS/MH model, just swap out the gear..   
Lumex120

View Gallery

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: chrap merc cobra heads « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:15:48 PM » Author: Lumex120
Where are you located? I have a 175w MV cobrahead that I am currently refurbishing and when it is done I might be interested in selling it. It would be around $30 plus whatever shipping costs, which shouldn't be too much since it doesn't actually weigh that much. Otherwise, if you get an HPS cobrahead, you can get a cheap 175w mercury vapor ballast here.

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/89417/PLUSRITE-7210.html

Also, check your local Craigslist frequently. With the amount of LED replacements going on, cobraheads are getting a lot easier to get. They also turn up on eBay quite often and every so often (around this time of the year) they show up for pretty cheap.

LEDs = Downgrade 85% of the applications.
Get an NOS 50w MV Silverliner for cheap

Formerly known as Zarlog. Username changed due to doxxing.

ballastmaster

View Gallery

Re: chrap merc cobra heads « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 09:18:30 PM » Author: ballastmaster
im up in Maryland, i never knew that restore sells cobra heads at all... ill be sure to watch ebay and check in with restore like a hawk lol Tongue
Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: chrap merc cobra heads « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 09:38:38 PM » Author: Lodge
Ok the Re-Store by me, I've seen it all, from explosion proof fixtures, highbay, lowbay, floodlights, spotlights, street lighting, crates of ballasts, I visited once and they literately had about a 1000 HID light bulbs, it all kinda depends on the day, about the only things I've never seen there is LPS gear/fixtures but I did score a few LPS tubes, I basically go there every weekend to see if they have anything that's new...
funkybulb

View Gallery

Re: chrap merc cobra heads « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:22:03 PM » Author: funkybulb
I get my cobra heads dirt cheap, al u have to do is find a metal recycling yard that let u buy scrap metal for reuse projects, i can get them for less than 5 bucks
And some times i can save lamps and PC and also street light arms as well.  Scrap yard should be happy  to  sell it to ya as they know they can make little bit more
Money off of ya .  Best time to go is when scrap yard is not busy.  Me best time to go is noon as u have about 1 hour to look around while they go for lunch.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

ballastmaster

View Gallery

Re: chrap merc cobra heads « Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 11:59:29 PM » Author: ballastmaster
i know of a bunch of scrapyards near me ill try that as ive seen a bunch of cool stuff in the scrapyard
Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines