Author Topic: what Colour Temp can you not stand?  (Read 7019 times)
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
what Colour Temp can you not stand? « on: May 26, 2017, 01:15:44 AM » Author: RyanKorponay12
I cant stand 3000K or 6500K at all, i hate 3000k because its way too neutral and most leds use it and i hate.
what colour temp do you hate?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:19:02 AM by RyanKorponay12 » Logged

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:27:33 AM » Author: Ash
None of them

I think i know what you describe. The problem there is not the K temp itself but when everything under the light appear the same color as the light i.e. it does not let things have their individual colors, especially lightly colored things
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 01:49:20 AM » Author: Lodge
I'm with Ash, I don't mind any colors, I actually have some smaller metal halides that are 3000 K with a 92 CRI which I really like..
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 03:08:11 AM » Author: Beta 5
I don't really like anything above 4000k, although daylight FL in high light levels is ok.
2700k is best in lower light levels for houses.
My preferred CCT is 3500k

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 05:04:28 AM » Author: dor123
I usually prefer 2700-4000K for my room, as 6500K, sometimes causes me headace. The former 2x54W T5 chinese fixture wtih its 865 color, that was in my room at my current hostel, before installing my tracklight, was a glare bomb and caused me a lot of headance. After my tracklight has been installed, the OEM Sylvania HSI-TD 70W/D has better light, and it was less glaring, but still caused me headace when I got tired at the evening. Eventually my current Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL  Excellence, have much better light, which is less glaring and easier to my eyes.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 05:33:17 AM » Author: sol
I like all colour temperatures, it's just that I don't like inappropriate use of any one of them. As long as it is at appropriate brightness and used for the correct application, I like it. For instance, in my living room, I wouldn't normally go with anything above 3500K. In an office setting, 6500K could be fine, if the space and intensity permits it.

What I don't particularly like is too low of CRI. The only source I usually like with lower CRI is uncoated quartz MH. All others I don't fancy. Halophosphate warm white with a CRI of 52 takes the cake, though.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 10:14:07 AM » Author: Lumex120
ANY color temperature when it is used on LED streetlights. Other than that, I don't really have a least favorite, but I prefer 5000k for CFLs and fluorescents.

Unofficial LG Discord

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 12:46:13 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Anything above 4100k. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 01:14:38 AM » Author: tolivac
I am in the 2700-4K class.Although sometimes I like my 20K aquarium light for some reason as a change-but not for real long.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 05:00:58 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I don't mind anything really, as long as it is used correctly. I prefer a high CRI to colour.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 01:11:08 AM » Author: nicksfans
Anything in the wrong environment, like 2700K in a workshop or 6500K in a bedroom. I also don't like anything over about 4000K if the space isn't well lit. An exception would be clear MV lamps for street lighting.

Like Mercurylamps, though, I think CRI is more important than color temperature. I'm not a huge fan of the way spaces look under halophosphate Cool White fluorescents, for example, even somewhere like a storage area.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 05:11:01 AM » Author: dor123
I had no problems with the daylight halophosphors 36W T8s we had in the storage of Carmel hospital, before we moved to daylight triphosphors 28W T5s.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 10:30:32 AM » Author: suzukir122
Me personally, I have no issues with any fluorescent lamp that's halophosphate or triphosphate. Actually, I don't have
an issue with pretty much any lamp color besides most of the lights produced from LED's. Now when we go passed 8,000k
in color temperature, that's a different story... 8,000k-12,000k (and higher) car headlights and fog lamps are ABSOLUTELY stupid
to me, regardless of whether they're LED or HID. I've seen some cars and even a couple motorcycles with them and I think
it's stupid. I'm pretty sure 10,000k and above is illegal.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 11:14:54 AM » Author: dor123
Here the government completely banned the HID headlights. HID headlights are only legal if they are original of the vehicle manufacturer and has passed the licensing tests, because of their glare.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 11:33:51 AM » Author: nicksfans
Oh they're illegal in the US too, but the enforcement is poor. Some states, including South Carolina, don't do vehicle inspections of any kind, so you can get away with a lot.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies