Author Topic: know a good supplier of Xenon Short Arc Tubes?  (Read 1358 times)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

know a good supplier of Xenon Short Arc Tubes? « on: June 01, 2017, 03:17:23 AM » Author: Lodge
Does anyone know of a good online supplier of new Xenon short arc tubes ranging from 2000 W to 7000 W. And how violently do they really explode when cold, is a face shield, with secondary eye protection and thicker coveralls good or should I get out the chainsaw chaps and flack jacket, welding helmet and armid gloves ?
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: know a good supplier of Xenon Short Arc Tubes? « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:29:54 AM » Author: Medved
The PPE required by the makers datasheets I would consider really as required. These lamps are really pressurized even when cold (contrary to the standard metal based HID's, with XBO is all fill already gaseous when cold, so there is no condensation which in MH's or MV's drastically reduces the pressure when the lamp goes cold)

No more selfballasted c***

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: know a good supplier of Xenon Short Arc Tubes? « Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 01:11:46 AM » Author: tolivac
Most Xenon lights are sold to the cinema-exhibition industry-don't know of online suppliers-but most of these bulbs are made by Osram,or Christie.If you are good freinds to a cinema in your area-they may give you their used lamps if you want one to experiment with-of course you already know of their dangers.Most digital projector are still lit with Xenon bulbs-some new projectors have laser lighting-saves energy and no explosive xenon bulbs to deal with-and the pictures projected reportedly have better colors and definition.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: know a good supplier of Xenon Short Arc Tubes? « Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 02:06:48 AM » Author: Lodge
Thanks Tolivac, I get to keep the used lamps but I need new lamps, I got myself into fixing a few very large spot lights, all I know is one is a 7Kw and four are 2 Kw and there is a few more but I know nothing about them yet not even model numbers or manufacturer, I don't get to see them until next week, but I'll get some pictures to post on the site while I'm at it, and most of the lighting suppliers I know won't touch short arc tubes so I was hoping to get lucky online for a half decent price and I don't know anything about the quality of the lamps on Aliexpress like UVIR lighting or if they will survive delivery but they are a lot cheaper then what I've found so far..

Thanks Medvac, ushio's warnings don't spec much out about safety other then leather gloves and eye protection and I've seen a projector in pieces after one of them blew up and I know they are in the range of 150 to 200 PSI cold so I was hoping someone here has dealt with the larger tubes to give me an idea of how really dangerous they are, but I figure since there disposal procedure is to put it back in the box and drop it on the floor to bust the tube. I think common safety equipment should work because they are telling people to smash them ( which I understand is to make it safe should it leave the protective packaging,) but I might keep them intact if they are undamaged...   
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: know a good supplier of Xenon Short Arc Tubes? « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:21:07 AM » Author: dor123
The pressure inside the short-arc xenon lamps, is 20 atmospheres when cold, and I think 80 atmospheres when hot. When they explode, they are like grenades. See this video .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: know a good supplier of Xenon Short Arc Tubes? « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 02:01:49 AM » Author: Lodge
Thanks Max, I didn't even think about getting the glass out of your body and it not showing up on an X-ray but I could see that being a problem, and neck protection is not even mentioned in the data sheets but it does make perfect sense..
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies