Author Topic: Preheat Violent EOL?  (Read 1377 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Preheat Violent EOL? « on: June 04, 2017, 11:07:00 AM » Author: suzukir122
Has anyone ever seen a violent EOL show from a preheat fixture?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Preheat Violent EOL? « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 12:23:14 PM » Author: dor123
Never. All I've encountered is that T12, F15T8 and short T5 flashes and rectify for a while and breaks an electrode, and that krypton energy saver T8 causing the glow starter to stuck at their EOL.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:25:09 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Preheat Violent EOL? « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:40:52 PM » Author: suzukir122
I've never seen violent EOL with preheat fixtures so far in my life either. I doubt it's even possible.
But of course, curiosity got the best of me so I decided to go ahead and make this thread anyway, in case
there may be someone out there that has actually seen a violent EOL show with preheat.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Preheat Violent EOL? « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 12:54:49 PM » Author: dor123
Violent EOL of fluorescent lamps, can only occur if the ballast have the ability to operate lamps with broken cathodes, until they losing vaccum (e.g. instant start ballasts [Both magnetic and electronic with two wires. I don't know about rapid-start, trigger start, SRS, quick start and electronic resonance {Rapid} start ballasts]).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:56:37 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat Violent EOL? « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 02:30:26 PM » Author: sol
I have noticed that my f8T5 blow an electrode and my PL-S and F15T8 get stuck starters. I have, however, heard of (on this site) of some 8 feet T12 lamps losing vaccum on switch start in the UK, which would have been 230V, if that makes a difference.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat Violent EOL? « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 03:13:38 PM » Author: Ash
Violent EOL on intact ballast is (maybe allmost) non existent. But the ballasts themselfes can fail violently when they were burned by being left too long with stuck starters. They put out soke, arc, shoot sparks, shoot flames...

If there is a short between turns in theballast it can blow the lamp cathodes, or make them light very brightly (for a short time). In luminaires where the ballast is on the Neutral, if the coil shorts to Earth this will be a harder short and the cathodes may be blown more violently

Shorted turns in ballast :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi9u7kw27ys see at 13:20
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat Violent EOL? « Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 10:27:42 AM » Author: funkybulb
Only preheat fixture that gives violent EOL shows are
8 foot fixture from england . Cause they have use cap in series with lamp to increase starting voltage. Once tube
EOL on aready lit fixture it will keep arc going till vacumme loss.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies