Author Topic: Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps  (Read 1648 times)
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps « on: June 07, 2017, 04:50:55 PM » Author: DieselNut
I am seeking some good quality dimmable LED "Edison" style lamps around the color temperature and lumen output of a 60-75 watt incandescent.  I am building some fixtures for a local brewery using the bands that came off wine barrels.  I have the design mocked up but need the lamps and am also looking for a good source of black metal sockets that mount in the hollow stud, much like the brass type found in table lamps.  Thanks for any help!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:42:01 PM » Author: DieselNut
Any help about a source you trust would be appreciated!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 04:44:03 PM » Author: Ash
Have a look at Osram 1906 lamps (atleast Osram Europe, i dont know whether they are available in the US, at most you can provide 240V and use the European lamps)

Is there a reason to use LED lamps ? If this is a decorative setup with only a handful of lamps, dimmed down Incandescents to the ~10W range would be great and not heavy on the power bill, just use any of the "19th century" lamps and a dimmer
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:23:02 PM » Author: nicksfans
I've never used any of the stuff you mention, but I did find these sockets and lamps:

Sockets

Sockets

Lamps

Lamps

In my experience, though, single-voltage (including dimmable) LED filament lamps are more susceptible to 120Hz flicker. The universal voltage ones are not dimmable but also don't flicker, or flicker much less.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:25:49 PM by nicksfans » Logged

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps « Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 01:49:05 PM » Author: Powell
Some new GE ones are dimable

NNNN!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 04:40:03 PM » Author: DieselNut
Nick, you are the man!!  Those sockets are exactly what I am looking for and the lamps look mighty close to what my customer seeks.  The entire place is lit with 2x96T12 slimline strips, which they are keeping in use.  The dining area of this brewpub will have the fluorescents left in place and switched separately, along with these on a dimmer for "mood lighting".

I've never used any of the stuff you mention, but I did find these sockets and lamps:

Sockets

Sockets

Lamps

Lamps

In my experience, though, single-voltage (including dimmable) LED filament lamps are more susceptible to 120Hz flicker. The universal voltage ones are not dimmable but also don't flicker, or flicker much less.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Need "Edison style" dimmable LED lamps « Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 08:55:35 PM » Author: Lodge
That looks like a good price on the sockets, and I can't speak for what these LED's are like operating but I like the look of the new Feit vintage LED lamp as seen here http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=113&pid=134464

With a double coil filament, but they are out of stock locally (both Lowes and Home depot have Sku's for them), and the amount I've annoyed them to get some in I should at least buy one from them when they get them ... 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies