Author Topic: Scariest Nightmare in My Entire Life  (Read 4062 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Scariest Nightmare in My Entire Life « on: June 08, 2017, 10:36:43 AM » Author: suzukir122
What is the legitimate scariest dream YOU have ever had?
I begin this thread because I recently had a dream that... officially became the scariest dream I've ever had in my entire life. I've had
some impressive/scary and strange dreams in the past, but this dream in particular actually involved significant pain that felt real.
I'll try to provide detail of all the events that took place, much like that of a book. Ya'll ready?? Here goes:

For some reason the dream began with me walking on the parking lot of an abandoned mall that looked A LOT like Jamestown Mall, located in St.Louis Missouri. (Look it up. This is the mall I went to with family as a kid, numerous times. You'll find it on YouTube as well) It was nighttime, and it seemed all of the parking lot lights had been taken down. The night was cloudy though, and the clouds gave off a dim pink glow. That was my only source of light... but just enough to the point where I could barely see the mall. The parking lot was very old with numerous potholes, cracks, and broken glass. There were no cars, no people, and no signs of life. Just me. No flashlight. I went to reach for my phone which would normally be located in my right pocket. Nope... no phone. I began to panic a little bit, frantically looking around to try to get a better understanding of my location and how I got there. There was no sound... no signs of life. Just me. Just the sound of my foot steps crushing the glass and rocks as I continued walking around the mall. "There might be someone inside the mall, or maybe security cameras," I thought. "Maybe I can find a way to get inside of the mall so that help can find me." I thought about how stupid, and illegal this idea was. "Should I risk it? What if there's no entrance? Nahh... it'd be best to walk out of this mall area entirely." I went to walk towards the parking lot exit and quickly realized there was nothing there. No exit... just trees and darkness. Sound... I could here sound, but I couldn't identify what it was. "Is that coming from the mall?" I wondered. I turned and continued walking about 40 feet towards the mall when I began to realize the sound was music. I spotted an opened door that was more than likely used as an entrance/back door for the employees. The musical sound was coming from inside there. At this point I felt relief, thinking this was more than likely from mall security. Maybe they could help me find out where I am. Maybe they could take me back home...? As I walked closer to the door I realized there was no light coming from inside. I then stopped for a second realizing the song playing was... a slightly lower pitched version of Always Something There To Remind Me, by the musical band Naked Eyes. I finally walked into the doorway, which instantly led to the main portion of the mall. The only source of light was yet again from the clouds, shining through the glass roof above me. Everywhere else inside the mall... nothing but darkness.
The music was loud, playing from every speaker, echoing throughout the dark mall. There was no verse to the song. Just the end chorus.
"Always something there to remind me....."
"Always something there to remind meeeeeee....."
I began to panic a little more at this point, frantically looking around. The chorus continued with no end.
"Always something there to remind meeeeeee....."
Some of the bells within the song began slowing down, and changing pitch... no longer going with the beat of the song.
It's then that I spotted a cloak wearing figure skipping along with the song of the beat, towards my direction. As it got closer
I realized he had an ax. The bells all lost pitch as the song continued.
"Always something there to remind meeeeeee......"
The music was so beautiful as the ax wielding figure skipped towards my direction.
I braced myself to start running but before I did, I made contact with his eyes. Ronald Mcdonald. His eyebrows were high, and
he wasn't smiling as he silently skipped towards my direction. I turned to run but instantly stopped when I felt a sharp
pain in my neck. I dropped to the ground and could no longer move anything. Another sharp pain in my left side... another sharp pain
in my right shoulder. I stared helplessly at the ground in A LOT of pain. As blood pored out from me, the dream began to fade away.
He hit me again with his ax, and I no longer could feel anything, or move my eyes. From there I listened to the song continue.
Then I woke up. The pain actually continued even after the dream.

Easily the most violent, and scariest dream I've ever had.
Lesson learned Suzukir122... if you workout, don't ever drink whey protein before bed.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:16:38 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 07:33:29 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Does whey protein actually cause bad dreams?  :o

I know the song you were referring to, I hear it on the radio a lot.

I get some vivid dreams in my sleep, though I usually forget most of them when I wake up. I've had number of bad dreams that cause me to wake up with my heart thumping hard and feeling rather nervous until I realise it was a dream. Have you ever experienced that?
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:22:51 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yep I've experienced that... although this dream in particular wasn't the worst in terms of heart skipping/fast heart beat,
it was easily the worst when it comes to pain, and also scary outcomes. That was the first time I've ever seen an image of Ronald
Mcdonald with him not smiling. Always Something There To Remind Me is a great song, but hearing that in an almost pitch black mall
was absolutely beyond creepy... especially with just the end chorus playing. I still have no idea why it ended up being that song.
Thumbs up if you read the entire dream though. Took me forever to finish typing it.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 10:26:14 PM » Author: CEB1993
I recently had a dream where several disturbing things happened.  I haven't had as many nightmares since I graduated college earlier this year.  As a preface to this story, I had had a lot to drink the evening before going to bed, and I was on an inflatable air mattress.  Drinking late at night and being in an unfamiliar room will make my dreams not so sweet.

The first scene of my dream was me in the basement of my family's lake house.  I was in the hall looking at the big cedar door that goes into the dark cellar where the A/C unit is.  All of a sudden, a strange man walks out.  I asked my mom, who suddenly shows up behind me if she saw the man.  She said no, that there wasn't anyone in there.  Hallucinations within my dream, crazy!  The next scene was me in the grocery store parking lot, looking for my parked car.  I was thinking to myself, I can't find my car and I left a bunch of stuff in the car that I cannot find either.  Suddenly, I was in my family's beach condo, which we in the process of selling as we obtain a lake house.  The condo looks totally different with green walls in the hall between the bedroom and bathroom.  As I look out the window, there is a huge lightning bolt coming from a black cloud.  I duck down and try to run away from the window.  I remember wanting to tell my parents to stay inside and don't go swimming, but I remember, my mom had a head injury and could not hear (just in this awful dream, thank goodness  :)) I fell down and hit my head on a brick fireplace that is illuminated a 75 watt bulb in a spotlight over the burning logs.  I am now back in the lake house basement, which actually doesn't have a fireplace in real life.  The dream is getting more random and more erratic at this point.  I think to myself both of my parents are in danger, and I'm injured and cannot help them.  There is a huge storm on the way.  I am suddenly flooded with panic and begin running down the hall, despite my bleeding head.  I got lost in the basement and the last thing I remember before waking up is looking out a window so I can shout for help to someone outside.  I woke up in the same basement that parts of that hideous dream took place in.  Thankfully it was a bright, sunny morning and I got up, turned on the lights and it was all good, aside from my hangover :) Both of my parents were unharmed and my mom could hear.  I was relieved to not be alone the morning after that nerve wracking dream.  I get freaky dreams when I drink too much the night before and/or if I'm in a new place.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:44:13 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 10:39:16 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hey Suzukir122,

Your dream gave me chills :o  There used to be a mall in my town that closed down years ago and I can only imagine how creepy and lonely it was in there before it was torn down.  The fact that you felt pain and heard all the bells change their tones really indicates a vivid dream.  Thankfully I didn't feel pain in the dream when I hit my head on the brick fireplace.  Maybe it was a dream manifestation of my hangover headache.  I guess we've both learned that certain drinks will give you bad dreams.  I hope you don't have that dream again, I would freak out if that were me  :D

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 11:25:02 PM » Author: suzukir122
Man I hope I don't ever have that dream again either. And anytime I hear that song, I will instantly be reminded of that dream for
the rest of my life. I'm thinking about sound editing that song, and uploading a YouTube video of the version of the song I had in
my dream. I'm very good at sound editing... so I can do that and post a link to the video on this thread at some point.
I mentioned that Ronald was silent as he skipped my direction, but looking back, I think I remembered him panting as he got closer. I
also forgot to mention that his mouth was hanging open. It was really creepy, man. Really creepy.

Interests:

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 09:21:51 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Suzukir122 I've read your dream and if there was such a device or a VCR setup that recorded it, I would love to watch it  :o I read the entire paragraph and the dim pink clouds are pretty but kinda scary at the same time because I can imagine the sky being a dim pick and everything around is blackish with the pink!! Shhezh I would be slightly scared if I didn't have a flashlight or phone in that situation. Oh and thats really creepy when you find a source of light (I don't like the dark) or expect to be one and it either lasts a short while or turns out to be non existent  :o  and also being inside the mall with the dim pink clouds shining through the glass roof!! Tell me was the pink glow like a sunset colour or light pollution from HPS?? And the song description is very much like from a horror film, slowing down tempo, decreasing pitch and reverb!!!

I tell you a scary dream. Started out by looking out of the car window, car was driven by probs my parents or people who I don't know, everything looked nice as was sunny day then suddenly we went through a dark tunnel and the nice day was no longer there just dim creepy background light! Then the next scene was actually accessing a 1970s tower block building which was poorly lit (there were old T12 single lamper fixtures that were not working) on the stairway and then the man in front of me on the starirs opened up a door and inside was totally black and the blackness sorta spreader like smoke or ink in water and there was a deep hoarse breathing sound  which appeared to be coming from the ceiling of the blackness and I instantly knew what it was. it was a blackish spiritual creature that was hooded and was like them Dementors from Harry Potter, I then walked into the blackness very terrified and then I woke up!!!

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 09:33:38 AM » Author: suzukir122
The tempo of the song in my dream remained the same, and the pitch of the song, though lower than the original song,
remained the same as well. It was only the bells that changed in pitch and speed within the background of the song, and THAT is the moment
Ronald showed up, wearing a cloak, and skipping with the song of the beat. At that point though I couldn't tell
it was Ronald... only a dark figure of a cloak wearing person heading my way. I forgot to mention his height... I remembered
him being about 6'3" and slightly built which just made it all the more scary. His mouth was hanging open too and he
wasn't smiling. I mentioned that he was silent, but I remembered hearing him panting as he skipped closer.
That dream was THE scariest of my life, and very painful. I don't know how it is that the human brain creates pain in a dream.
The pink glow seemed a lot like the light reflecting off the ground from sodium lights, my guess.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:36:50 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 01:00:47 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
great.... why did i have to read this at 1:00AM .... LMFAO

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 08:47:47 AM » Author: suzukir122
hahaha... my bad, my bad! Well, just don't listen to Always Something There To Remind Me, and you should be good. lol (joking)
I had to go back to it and edit it a little bit due to incomplete sentences. lol
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:56:26 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 08:10:08 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Another scary dream of mine. I was young probs like 8-9 years old and I dreamt that I was on the train probably to London or somewhere and a man snatches me off the train away from my mum and he had a strong grip on my arm, holding me on the wrist! Then on the way out off the station he stopped at the ticket office chatting to the person about something and I was like shouting for help and saying things like "He's lying" unfortunaty no help came from the ticket man and I was put into the abductor car and was driven to his house that strangely looked like my house! There was a sort of a gathering of other of his criminal friends and the abductor had a syringe of some drug substance that was cloudy white like calpol but I knew in the dream that it wasn't calpol. I was afraid that he would inject me this substance but he didn't plus I apparently broke something in the house and guess  what, I was thrown out of the window and finally escaped from danger

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Scariest Dream in My Entire Life « Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 07:15:45 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Flurofan96, ah man, that dream could've ended so much worse. Unlike with me and my dream, sounds like you dodged
a bullet. At least it didn't end up being a nightmare like mine. I gotta edit my thread title. Instead of it
being "Scariest Dream in My Entire Life," I'm going to title it "Scariest Nightmare in My Entire Life." Because that's
what it was... a nightmare. lol

Interests:

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Scariest Nightmare in My Entire Life « Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 10:47:30 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Suzukir122: It was actually one of my worse dreams to have ever experienced  :o :( the abductor looked really scary as he was chubby but he had a lot of denim and metallic belts that had spikes on  :o

I had also some short bad dreams that involve me being in a hospital (any dream taking place in a hospital or something medical is considered as a nightmare) because I have Nosecomephobia

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Scariest Nightmare in My Entire Life « Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 10:55:45 PM » Author: dor123
I don't tend to remember my dreams, but I had during this night once again a nightmare, that Haifa replaced the lovely Europhane Pilote T1 (HPS) in Cremieux street, where my mother lives, to Gaash Venus (LED).
The nightmare was as a result of Haifa really replaced an antique 80W MV lantern and other AEG Koffer 150 HPS lanterns, at part of the lighting landscape from my room at my father home, to LED:

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Scariest Nightmare in My Entire Life « Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 11:10:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
I've always hated it when something more reliable gets replaced with LED. Case in point, Walmart.
Both Walmart stores I frequently shop at, have completely gone LED regarding their inside store ceiling lighting.
Their dimming capable fluorescent fixtures are gone. The crazy part of all of this: a lot of these LED's despite
just being installed, are failing/flickering. Both stores use completely different type of LED fixtures... but one store
has a lot more failures than the other.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies