Author Topic: This Streetlight!!!  (Read 1222 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

This Streetlight!!! « on: June 08, 2017, 12:38:11 PM » Author: micole66
Have discharge lamp, or is led?
The lamp have Mercury or not?
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: This Streetlight!!! « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:58:15 PM » Author: wattMaster
It looks like a discharge lamp to me.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: This Streetlight!!! « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:39:01 PM » Author: dor123
These are all question for children that know zero about lamps and lighting.
I think that you uploaded this lantern to the forum in the near past, and I answered you that it have a mercury lamp with a fluorescent powder that corrects the otherwise greenish light of the mercury discharge itself to white, by adding red to the emitted light (Greenish light of the mercury + red light from the phosphor = whiter light).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: This Streetlight!!! « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:36:45 PM » Author: Lodge
@ Dor123, just throwing this out there, these questions might be from a young collector who doesn't know, but knows where to ask this question, I know when I was young, before the internet I to asked lots of questions that I'm sure annoyed the older people I was asking, it's all part of the learning cycle..

@ micole66, it looks like a discharge light, and at a guess it's either a High pressure sodium or mercury vapor type light but then again it might of gotten an upgrade at some point to metal halide, so yes odds are good it will contain a very small amount of mercury in the discharge tube as those all contain mercury inside the light globe.. Why are you wondering and asking so many questions about mercury contained inside a lamp? Mercury can also be found in lots of other things from thermostats, relays, switches, thermometers, canned tuna flakes, really it's in lots of things ( and this is the source for mercury in tuna http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/chem-chim/environ/mercur/merc_fish_qa-poisson_qr-eng.php )

And just throwing it out there if you take a picture under the light looking up at the fixture we could more then likely tell you more about it when we see the lamp inside, or if you get a picture at night of it operating the color would tell us what light source they are using...   
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies