Author Topic: 0-10v dimmable fixture wiring, how/what do you do?  (Read 10482 times)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: 0-10v dimmable fixture wiring, how/what do you do? « Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 09:40:00 PM » Author: Lodge
If the wiring is an issue, just throwing this out there, you cold go with Z-wave control and get a qubino 1 to 10 volt dimmer controller which will allow you to dim and switch it from the comforts of your phone. They will fit in the fixture and have a relay control allowing you to also turn them on and for as desired, add a small computer like a raspberry PI and you could have it simulate the sun complete with astrological timers http://qubino.com/products/flush-dimmer0-10v/
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: 0-10v dimmable fixture wiring, how/what do you do? « Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 11:26:39 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I ended up getting some shielded 18/4 for the control part. I'm half tempted to run a piece of cat-5 "just in case" (though I'll likely never need it) while the wall is open .lol.
I'd love to have the future option of wireless/smart-room control on the lights

Still need to find a deal on a couple ballasts & dimmerswitches...no way I'm spending $30+ each on them.
(I've seen some cheap ($12-ish) no-name stuff on eBay, but they're an oddball size...and frankely I simply don't trust them)

Quote from: Lodge
add a small computer like a raspberry PI
I have 2 of those :) I plan to use one to control my Christmas lights this year (the 2nd is a spare)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: 0-10v dimmable fixture wiring, how/what do you do? « Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 12:47:20 PM » Author: Lodge
with the cost of Cat5 being pretty low, and you have the wall open I would do it, just in case.. 
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: 0-10v dimmable fixture wiring, how/what do you do? « Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 01:00:01 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I already have a roll of cat-5 sitting around too (so in a way its like no extra cost)...just need to find wherever I put it .lol. 

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies