Author Topic: Just signed up...  (Read 8529 times)
J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Just signed up... « on: August 14, 2006, 02:41:33 AM » Author: J-Frog
I am a lurker here, so I decided to sign up and post some pictures of lamps and fixtures I own/modified.  I've been into lighting and streetlighting since I was 13.  I don't have any streetlamps yet, but I have plenty of fluorescent light fixtures, fluorescent tubes and hid lamps, both new and old.  I do collect hid lamps, but I'm more of a pack rat than anything :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:26:21 PM by Jace the TudorMan! » Logged

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Just signed up... « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:43:47 PM » Author: prawnman88
i think we all are packrats in some sense i know i am im running out of room i need a garage or something lol welcome aboard its the best on the web i think
J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Just signed up... « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:26:33 PM » Author: J-Frog
I know.  I signed up because there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people here whom I can actually talk lighting with and this is a great website for sharing photos and learning about lighting.

I have plenty of room by the way.  My parents own a big piece of land with three houses on it, and one of the houses is our storage house.  Unfortunately, I don't have any lamp display cases yet.  All I have is a big rubbermaid tub full of hid bulbs.  There's some old lamps there I will have to take pictures of, like a Westinghouse mercury and Ken-Rad fluorescent tubes, when I go there next...

I'm only into discharge lighting, which is why I'll probably only post pictures of fluorescent and hid lamps, and streetlamps of course.  I need a better camera though...

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

dp
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 03:53:20 PM » Author: dp
Hi all

I am also new here. Let me tell you a bit about myself. My initals are DP, I am 16 years old, I am an apprentice electrician with a local streetlighting contract company. I have my own website about electrical things. If you are interested, here is the web address:

www.freewebs.com/sodiummercuryhalide

Regards DP
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Just signed up... « Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 06:40:06 PM » Author: prawnman88
welcome aboard ;)
J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Just signed up... « Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 11:04:00 PM » Author: J-Frog
Hi all

I am also new here. Let me tell you a bit about myself. My initals are DP, I am 16 years old, I am an apprentice electrician with a local streetlighting contract company. I have my own website about electrical things. If you are interested, here is the web address:

www.freewebs.com/sodiummercuryhalide

Regards DP

Well, I'm 23 and I work for Home Depot, but that's gonna change soon(hopefully...).  Cool website!  I can't wait to see the pictures when you post them up.

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 09:28:16 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I'm 23 also turning 24 and Home Depot is a much better job than I am in LOL....I only work part time in a church....I bet you work more than I do! LOL

by the way DP...nice page

-Jace-

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

dp
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 04:49:01 PM » Author: dp
Hi

I am too also into discharge lighting especially Low Pressure Sodium. Nice to see more discharge lamp lovers apart from me!

Regards DP ;)
J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Just signed up... « Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 05:38:15 PM » Author: J-Frog
Well, I've got everything but low pressure sodium.  It's so hard to find low pressure sodium ballasts :(

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

mr_big
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 02:46:17 AM » Author: mr_big
I have been here for a while too I am 18 I am really into lighting and things like that
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 10:59:03 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
hey J-frog...let me know...how are you enjoying this site?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Just signed up... « Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 12:16:17 PM » Author: J-Frog
I'm enjoying it very much.  I can finally share my love of lighting with others!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

mr_big
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 06:02:27 PM » Author: mr_big
@ j-frog glad to hear you enjoy sharing your interest in lighting with us for me the brighter the bulb the better
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 06:04:35 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
oh yeah....when I first came in this site.....i felt more comfortable about my interests and have fun talking about it.....

mr_big
Re: Just signed up... « Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 06:07:33 PM » Author: mr_big
Yeah TudorWhiz me too
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies