Author Topic: Creating a secondary ranking system..  (Read 389 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

MercuryVapor1 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw
Creating a secondary ranking system.. « on: August 02, 2017, 06:24:12 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
So I've noticed that there is many members who are older, and only really post in the gallery, are still ranked as newbies, the current ranking system only seems to focus on forum posts, while leaving posts in the gallery (comments, image posting) out of the picture.

I am proposing a new ranking system that could go along side the original, this could help distinguish between who is actually new and who is just a gallery poster (aside from the join date) and also give the gallery only posters a bit of their own rank to wear as a badge, giving them credit for their images they have shared.

I'm thinking possibly using the circline icon for it, since this is the one that would cause the least confusion (and still fit into the profile layout without sticking out like a sore thumb like many of the other icons would in the [more] section)

1)Circline Fluorescent  Default (starting badge (much like the singular incandescent lamp new users posses)      
 2)Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent 10 or 20 images uploaded
 3)Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent 40 images uploaded
 4)Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent 100 images uploaded
 5)Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent 200+ images uploaded

1) Newbie
2) amateur Photographer
3) Jr. Photographer
4) Sr. Photographer
5) Veteran Photographer

This could be a ranking for Comments only, images posted & comments or just images posted

when this idea came to mind i was thinking for example:
 Incandescent Lamp Incandescent Lamp Incandescent Lamp Incandescent Lamp Incandescent Lamp            {forum rank}
 Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent       {gallery rank}  

this is just an idea to give some of the older image posters a bit more credit... it may or may not be a dumb idea or a pain in the bum to code but i figured i'd post my idea since its been kindof burning for quite some time
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:39:42 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

--Owen
I'm Probably one of the craziest people you would see... and my room is a reflection of that, welcome to the world of Frankenstein setups and jimmy rigging!

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Creating a secondary ranking system.. « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:08:28 AM » Author: rjluna2
Sounds like a good idea, Owen Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Mercurylamps

View Gallery
240V 50Hz

Re: Creating a secondary ranking system.. « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:11:01 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Yep I agree, I like the idea. Cool
HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

MercuryVapor1 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw
Re: Creating a secondary ranking system.. « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:25:26 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Thanks!

--Owen
I'm Probably one of the craziest people you would see... and my room is a reflection of that, welcome to the world of Frankenstein setups and jimmy rigging!

Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Creating a secondary ranking system.. « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 06:58:30 PM » Author: Lodge
I like this idea to, if it's not to much coding for the mods.. 
RCM442
Administrator

View Gallery

rcm442 rcm442 rcm442
Re: Creating a secondary ranking system.. « Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 03:01:10 PM » Author: RCM442
Will look into it.

Linear fluorescent will never lose to LED!
I am not Anti-LED, as I have some in use at my house.
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines