Author Topic: staff room at work, thoughts?  (Read 1366 times)
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
staff room at work, thoughts? « on: August 10, 2017, 07:45:07 PM » Author: RyanKorponay12
this is the staff room at my work the washroom has never bin cleaned and it smells of piss in all through out and the couch has bed bugs

https://youtu.be/nMkKnFjTSw8

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: staff room at work, thoughts? « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:13 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
lovely......  :o

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: staff room at work, thoughts? « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:17:34 PM » Author: CEB1993
Looks like an "interesting" place to work and hang out.  I understand the struggle Ryankorponay12.

I have at least one gross thing happen every day at my work. People are nasty and don't care about being courteous to their coworkers. The worst is the kitchen and the restrooms.

The fridges at work always stink and no one cares about throwing away expired food.  I found some of the following in the fridge:

Salad dressing from 2014

Chili with blue stuff growing on it

Milk that had expired and turned into cottage cheese

Skunked beer 6 months expired

Sweet tea that had solidified into brown slime

Chinese food with stale, hardened rice

The fridges are a smelly nightmare and the bathrooms are just as bad.  There's a construction company on the 1st floor of my building that abuses the 1st floor bathroom. I have had to put up signs to remind these guys to flush and to stop throwing trash on the floor. It's a seriously nasty Petri dish of slime that would make a septic tank plumber run for the hills.  I admit, my aim in the urinal isn't perfect, and I have frequent stomach upsets due to my lactose intolerance, but at least I know how to clean up after myself and show some respect.  It grosses me out to see yellow that's not mine in the urinal I'm fixing to pee in. I have a sensitive nose and can't stand the smell of rotten food in the fridge or noxious fumes coming from in an occupied bathroom stall  :o The nastiness I have to deal with is outrageous.  I even saw paper towels stuffed in the toilet seat protecter dispensers. That's bad for the plumbing if those get flushed.   I can't believe I have to put up signs to remind adult men to not be gross.  

At least I don't have the maintenance issues like your missing faucets on the sink. However, the ones at my place leak and soak the entire counter top (probably needs new gaskets) I would lose it if I had to put up with the stuff in your video all the time. Hang in there man  :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:37:50 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: staff room at work, thoughts? « Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 01:06:34 AM » Author: Lodge
The store closest to me also has nasty bathrooms, and those are the public ones, most stores at least keep the public ones in fair shape because of the image the customer gets but your staff one really takes the cake, maybe you should see if the hose on the pressure washer is long enough to get in there and clean it, if you use a zero deg jet you can stand back like twenty feet so you don't get any back-splash, and the fridge maybe they need to implement a rule like a place I used to work at, Friday at four every thing in the fridge that wan't part of the fridge got tossed, containers, lunch kits, even stuff with notes on it asking them not to trash it, everything. If you forgot something in there you knew you would find it in the trash can later that night, unless it was beer in which case you would find the empties in the recycle can, and a few drunken fools milling around with half full cans in there hand.. 
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: staff room at work, thoughts? « Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 04:17:22 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Yep we have fridges at work that are emptied every Saturday. The cleaners at work can easily find so much rubbish in the buses at the bus depot as well. They basically said that each day there is a trash bag full every day, one for each bus. :o
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: staff room at work, thoughts? « Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 04:23:39 AM » Author: dor123
This looks like a staff room at a school, because I've hearing children in the background.
The medical storage of Carmel hospital and the storage that I've volunteers, have Kitchens with Microwave ovens, water coolers and electric kettles. Also the medical storage have a toilet. But we don't have a staff room of real.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: staff room at work, thoughts? « Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 09:27:46 AM » Author: CEB1993
One thing that I took care of was the light bulbs in the two office fridges.  One of the fridges had a small 130 volt 50 watt Sylvania PAR spot light in the 40 watt max. socket.  I finally got fed up and replaced it with a proper 40 watt GE appliance bulb.  The lighting in my workplace is otherwise well maintained since we have almost entirely fluorescent and LED that last for a long time.  I brought in some GE soft pink light bulbs and Philips Natural Light's to keep in the supply room, so my coworkers can choose a more pleasant light source other than the bright fluorescents in the ceiling.  I found a Sylvania halogen made in France at the ReStore, and put it in my desk lamp.  Those French-made Sylvania's are rare and are really good quality  8)

Please see below for the PAR lamp from the fridge, and my new French Sylvania for my desk lamp  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies