Author Topic: What is your favorite classic car?  (Read 3403 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
What is your favorite classic car? « on: August 11, 2017, 11:27:04 AM » Author: CEB1993
I've always been into classic cars and dream of restoring an old car to show someday.  My favorite classic car is the 1960 Chevrolet Impala.  I would get the drop top in bright red with the 5.7 liter V8.  Amazing straight line acceleration, bold styling, and enough room in the trunk to pack for two weeks at the beach (or buy the entire stock of incandescents and halogens from the local ReStore  ;D)  Even though it doesn't have airbags, it would be like a tank and be super safe. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 05:04:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
i've never really had a preference.... to be honest my interests are more into old tanks.... i've always wanted an M5 Stuart, or an M3 Lee, or maybe a Universal carrier

in the way of vehicles.... i would like to get an old truck... i like how the older 70's fords look

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 02:33:24 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Ok this thing will look tiny for all you US guys ;D, but mine is British Laylands Mini
I had two of them, they were really popular here, they were in production from 1959, to 2000.
But leave it up to BMW to spoil the new one!, it was huge!, and they gave it 4 doors!, and although still popular in the UK, you can`t quite call them a `mini` anymore!
For US cars though, my all time favorite has to be Plymouths 1950s Fury, an absolutely stunning looking car ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:37:51 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:41:32 PM » Author: CEB1993
@AngryHorse,  I have the Lego set of the classic Mini Cooper in British racing green.  Those are neat little cars.  I agree, BMW has defeated the purpose of "Mini" Coopers by creating four door versions.  The classic and the first generation modern Mini's had the most character.

The 1950's Plymouth Furys are look awesome with the bold tail fins.  Tail fins over the taillights were really trendy and a characteristic trademark of American cars throughout the 1950's and early 1960's.

I think the newest Volkswagen Beetles have lost some of their character now that the engine is in the front.  It would be so cool if VW kept the Beetle with a rear mounted engine, like many Porsches.  It would be an affordable alternative to a Porsche.  I would also enjoy having an old Volkswagen Beetle or Volkswagen Type 2 camper bus.  They would be fun project cars.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 02:36:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Ok this thing will look tiny for all you US guys ;D, but mine is British Leyland's Mini
I had two of them, they were really popular here, they were in production from 1959, to 2000.
But leave it up to BMW to spoil the new one!, it was huge!, and they gave it 4 doors!, and although still popular in the UK, you can`t quite call them a `mini` anymore!

I quite agree, a classic Mini would be a wonderful car to own, that or a classic left hooker Beetle. ;D

With the latest generation of the new 'Mini' four wheel drive and four doors, it's almost bigger than a Range Rover, though with not as a high a stance.  >:(

We call them fake Minis or even fake Maxis, as daddy had a white one of those at the same time as mummy had a white Mini, that we called Evinrude.  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 05:57:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another classic car popped on to our radar today, a Ford Anglia that we saw featured in a car rescue programme that we like to watch.  8)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 10:42:03 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'm a truck person

And my pick is the dodge powerwagon from the 40's. Awesome beast!

From the 70's I like the Ford bronco

From the 80's I like the VW Rabbit

And 90's the Ford ranger.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:52:42 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 01:21:27 PM » Author: Cole D.
I don't really have one, probably old VWs, although I do like the looks of the old cars.

I'm more into cars from the 1980s-current.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 06:01:35 AM » Author: Michael
I may have someday a Citroën DS21 which is very costly.

Citroën AcaDiane or more probably a Renault R4. I like these cars as they are very simple light weight. The prices are rising now.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 08:46:26 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I work for a large used car retailer, and one US car that’s becoming very popular here is Fords Mustang, they don’t last long on the forecourt until someone has snapped it up!  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 11:46:01 AM » Author: CEB1993
I'm a truck person

And my pick is the dodge powerwagon from the 40's. Awesome beast!

From the 70's I like the Ford bronco

From the 80's I like the VW Rabbit

Cool choices Owen! Those older Ford Rangers and Broncos are really reliable and long lasting trucks! I've seen one of those VW pickups at a local car show, very rare and very cool  :) The pickup truck demand in Europe was never too high, so many of those VW pickups ended up in the USA.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:48:02 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 11:55:26 AM » Author: CEB1993
Although it's not a "classic" or an antique yet, I really like the Honda S2000 roadster.  It's been out of production for almost 10 years and was an amazing, affordable sports car.  If I were to get a cheap, fun car to have along with my daily driver, this would be it!

2.2L 237HP inline 4 engine
6 speed manual transmisson
Beautiful red leather interior

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 12:46:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Camden,

Yes, they're good cars, another to consider is the Mazda MX5, which would be appropriate for a lighting collector...  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 06:44:38 AM » Author: 589
MG Midget with a Vulcan V6 swap green

BMW E90 M3 blue

C6 Vette Z06 red

79 t-top Trans AM 4speed silver

32 deuce coupe blacked out with red spoke wheels and whitewall tires

Citroen 2cv

Trabant wagon

Pre 96 ZJ grand Cherokee limited w/ 5.3 LS swap

Sierra cosworth

88 mercury grand marquis black and chrome w/ the factory aluminum wheels

I’ve owned or driven most of the cars(or one similar to) on this list. There’s more these are just off the top of my head. I guess I have quite the eclectic taste lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:47:02 AM by 589 » Logged

:lps:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What is your favorite classic car? « Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 09:39:40 AM » Author: CEB1993
@ Camden,

Yes, they're good cars, another to consider is the Mazda MX5, which would be appropriate for a lighting collector...  :D

Yes! The Mazda Miatas are some of my favorites too and among the highest rated and reliable roadsters in the world. They are as much fun to drive as Porsches and Ferraris for much less money.

One of my good friends and fellow lighting collector I met through this site has a Miata and we do a sports car driving club together. If an older Miata shows up for a cheap price I’d definitely give it a close look  :)

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies