Author Topic: Engineering License?  (Read 9558 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Engineering License? « Reply #30 on: September 10, 2017, 01:13:36 AM » Author: Silverliner
AEL stands for American Electric Lighting.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #31 on: September 10, 2017, 02:44:14 AM » Author: Lodge
Here is how to contact them the formal way http://www.acuitybrands.com/about-us/contact-us and the informal way    vern.nagel@acuitybrands.com (yep that is the CEO's email address, emails have to be professional and they will be dealt with swiftly) I emailed the CEO of Philips and it took all of one week to get updates on there website and someone from Philips to personally call me and address my questions..
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #32 on: September 10, 2017, 07:47:23 AM » Author: wattMaster
I already contacted them directly, and they wanted me to go through a distributor.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #33 on: September 10, 2017, 11:13:33 AM » Author: Lodge
I already contacted them directly, and they wanted me to go through a distributor.

If the distributor is trying to do you a favor like better pricing work with them but I would be upfront and ask them that, and if they are just treating you like joe-diy and trying to avoid you, that email address above, and I'll really stress this, a professional email stating only the facts, not emotions, or four letter words, will get the distributor to deal with you, pretty quick, the last thing he want's to hear is someone is turning away a customer, it's not like your trying to buy a highly restricted item like a centrifuge to enrich your own uranium, it's a street light..

And just so everyone knows, this is his public email address, not that it's super easy to find but the US securities and exchange commission (sec.gov) will release it if you ask them for it. So it will be a surprise to him if he gets an email from a potential customer, and he'll just tell someone to deal with it and what he says goes without questions from the 11,800 people below him.     
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Engineering License? « Reply #34 on: September 10, 2017, 04:07:30 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I just scavenge things tbh... Lol I, d just keep an eye on their dumpster, I'm sure something would pop up eventually yes they likely have "codes" on disposal but peeps don't always follow these, case and point: my summer job, I literally tossed hundreds of miligrams of mercury in a dumpster on school grounds, that was labeled "non toxic waste" just because they did not want to take the time to recycle them properly. The tubes were burnt out and pretty well useless as far as I was concerned, I did not argue I just played darts.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:24:27 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

videobruce
Re: Engineering License? « Reply #35 on: October 15, 2017, 07:10:28 PM » Author: videobruce
You sure it wasn't "electricians" license?  ;)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 11:17:16 AM » Author: Medved
You sure it wasn't "electricians" license?  ;)

I would see that as way more plausible thing.
Or a license allowing you to design and specify an electrical installation (so specify what cable to run from where to where, what circuit breaker to use, on a new project,...). But this license alone won't allow you to actually do the installation work and maintenance anyway, it allows you to just "draw the blueprints"...

No more selfballasted c***

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #37 on: October 19, 2017, 11:15:34 PM » Author: Ash
Need either of the licenses to buy the luminaires ? Not plausible at all
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #38 on: October 19, 2017, 11:27:08 PM » Author: Lodge
Need either of the licenses to buy the luminaires ? Not plausible at all

I'm with Ash on this one, I know several engineers and they aren't the type to go to a store and pick something up they could sent a grunt to go get for them and deliver to there desk while they have someone else bring them coffee..

Medved, you don't need to be an engineer to draw blueprints, I draw on them all the time and add parts to a BBQs in the drawing just to frustrate the engineers ( but it does help to be an engineer to draw them, and if the engineer is nice to the installers they are also nice in return and they don't add things to the blueprints )
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Engineering License? « Reply #39 on: March 11, 2018, 02:30:46 PM » Author: Lumex120
Just wondering, what was your outcome on this? I know you were finally able to order one, did you just "put up a fight" until they sold you one?

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #40 on: March 11, 2018, 03:49:19 PM » Author: wattMaster
Just wondering, what was your outcome on this? I know you were finally able to order one, did you just "put up a fight" until they sold you one?
I ended up going to loads of different electrical suppliers and none of them knew how to get a price, so I contacted AEL and I found a good supplier.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Engineering License? « Reply #41 on: October 30, 2018, 08:36:36 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
It's really annoying how you need a license for everything nowadays.  >:(  Maybe because electricians have to idiot-proof everything nowadays.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies