Author Topic: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon.  (Read 2061 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « on: August 17, 2017, 03:19:04 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
So here in the USA there is going to be some sort of eclipse thing going on that has all the media stations going crazy.  I don't see what the big deal is.  So the moon moves in front of the sun for a little while.  Big deal.  Been happening since the solar system was created. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 04:44:55 AM » Author: dor123
A solar eclipse at exactly the same point on the earth, occurs once every 370 years, and it is a dramatic astronomical event.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 08:01:53 AM » Author: Lumex120
It's not exactly something that happens every day. I have never seen a full eclipse before (going to either Illinois or Nebraska to see it, and I am trying to find a filter that works with my camera.)

Unofficial LG Discord

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:12:04 AM » Author: CEB1993
The track of the eclipse goes right over upstate South Carolina, so I'll have one of the best views. I'll be sure to upload some pictures.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 07:34:17 PM » Author: Lodge
It's not exactly something that happens every day. I have never seen a full eclipse before (going to either Illinois or Nebraska to see it, and I am trying to find a filter that works with my camera.)

If you don't have them, good luck finding them now, most places are sold out, hit up a welding shop and grab a shade 13 and see how it works, I know they are safe to look through at the sun with your eyes so it should be ok with a camera, just try it outside the store and if it doesn't work go exchange it for a different shade (any thing shade 12 or higher is safe to look at the sun through)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:06:08 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
yeah honestly i can agree with ya on the silly part... if i had someone who cared about it (like a girlfriend) then maybe i'd give a crap but i don't so whatever.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 05:52:23 AM » Author: Medved
A solar eclipse at exactly the same point on the earth, occurs once every 370 years, and it is a dramatic astronomical event.

On a single spot maybe, but if you don't care about the place, it is a few times in a year (of course, each time somewhere else).
And if some country is big enough, it could easily happen "in that country" nearly every year or so...

No more selfballasted c***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 02:58:27 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's a couple of eclipse pictures from today in Greenville, SC. These pictures don't do it justice, since my iPhone camera isn't designed to take such pictures. Enjoy!  8)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 05:57:22 PM » Author: Lumex120
Here's a couple of eclipse pictures from today in Greenville, SC. These pictures don't do it justice, since my iPhone camera isn't designed to take such pictures. Enjoy!  8)
I got a lot of pictures of it today I took through a filter. My camera is old and not the best, but some came out quite clearly. I went to Friend, NE which was straight in the path of totality, and it was so weird and freaky when it went dark. The streetlights came on (most of them 250w MV M250A's and m400R2's) and of course I took some pictures which I will upload eventually. I got some good photos of the totality, but it was actually kind of scary and some dingus had the bright idea to set off some loud fireworks the moment it went dark. ??? :P

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 06:11:01 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
My camera is junk... i got like one good photo out of 50 i took.... honestly i dont really care about the eclipse that much so meh.. atleast i made an attempt  :P

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 07:15:45 PM » Author: CEB1993
My camera is junk... i got like one good photo out of 50 i took.... honestly i dont really care about the eclipse that much so meh.. atleast i made an attempt  :P

I see a chunk of the sun blocked there.  Where I was, we had about two minutes of complete coverage that dropped the temperature about 20 degrees and made the crickets start chirping.  One of the most amazing nature shows I've ever seen!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 10:53:54 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I went out & watched part of it. Haven't yet looked to see if any of the pictures turned out.
The temperature did drop some, even though it wasn't full coverage here.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 10:59:18 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
It kinda just got dimmer here... i did not really sense much of a temperature change... some of the streetlights kicked on but they must've been really sensitive because it was not like dark dark

~Owen

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some silly eclipse thing going on soon. « Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 09:48:53 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I took a nap.   :P

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies