Author Topic: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV  (Read 5073 times)
Lampenfreak

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « on: August 17, 2017, 08:44:35 AM » Author: Lampenfreak
Well folks, when I looked into the new 2017/18 catalogue I couldn't find the 2000W mercs. The reason is, they have stopped production; same goes for all types of clear mercury lamps.

It seems it is a further step back from MV lamps. Although life span has been reduced down to only 12,000 hours and 24,000 hours for the twin-mercury lamps.

All types of cold atmosphere mercs are only produced upon request.

I think it is very sad, so the last? company stopped with 2kW mercury lamps. Well, there are types of 2kW metal halide as retrofit with much more light, but not the same as a real merc!

Furthermore they adopted a twin-arc CMH of 110W as retrofit for 125W MV! See here for video (DL): Iwasaki Twinarc Promotional OR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YN56Se_Q24

What do you guys think about?

Gone with sadness :'( ....
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 10:39:20 AM » Author: Lumex120
...Does this mean they discontinued the 50w clear lamps too?

Unofficial LG Discord

Lampenfreak

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:32:28 PM » Author: Lampenfreak
...Does this mean they discontinued the 50w clear lamps too?
Yes, ALL clear types are out of production! :'(
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:41:06 PM » Author: wattMaster
Maybe you can special-order clear bulbs? :-\

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lampenfreak

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 04:39:20 PM » Author: Lampenfreak
Don't know, their own Japanese distributor shop doesn't sell. Maybe to find some in stock on ebay or internet. Not sure about direct order from Japan.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:51:13 PM » Author: Lodge

Just throwing it out there, might be time to organize a group buy, I see other sites doing this fairly often like laserpointerforums, someone should see what the minimum buy is ?
Lampenfreak

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 06:10:03 AM » Author: Lampenfreak
That is a good idea, but will take alot of effort and TIME. Maybe it is possible to get in contact on an exhibition. Next year in March there is "Light & Building" in Frankfurt. So I gonna be there. Hope I can get some information and be able arrange something.

On the other hand it is hard to make arrangements worldwide, some of us are in the US, others in Europe...

Well, we need to take some time to gather more information.

If you guys have someone in Japan in may possible to buy some lamps are still sold by their distributor. Also the HNH series which are also run out.

http://e-bright-land.com You need Japanese address to buy and credit card. Prices are low now, 39% discount ;D

All the best
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 10:02:08 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Oh wow, that's a shame as Iwasaki lamps are of very high quality.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 11:18:50 AM » Author: Lodge
That is a good idea, but will take alot of effort and TIME. Maybe it is possible to get in contact on an exhibition. Next year in March there is "Light & Building" in Frankfurt. So I gonna be there. Hope I can get some information and be able arrange something.

On the other hand it is hard to make arrangements worldwide, some of us are in the US, others in Europe...

Well, we need to take some time to gather more information.

If you guys have someone in Japan in may possible to buy some lamps are still sold by their distributor. Also the HNH series which are also run out.

http://e-bright-land.com You need Japanese address to buy and credit card. Prices are low now, 39% discount ;D

All the best

I'd do it if I use mercury lamps, I only really collect spares and things I will use in the near future and vintage stuff older then me, or things some of the members here are really looking for, like Alex who is looking for an older american BT mercury clear banders in any wattage, and  trencheel303, a cool green florescent in any size, and a few others in my random trips to the re-store, and all it takes is someone makes a phone call and finds out, I'm sure there is someone here in Japan, or email the company they will figure out the google translation, Philips CEO did, get the minimum numbers and post to see how many members are willing to use an escrow like paypal and place the order if you get enough or issue the refunds, and the postage you just need to explain it to them, really mailing a lamp doesn't cost that much..   
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 03:21:53 PM » Author: Silverliner
EYE still makes clear mercs for the USA. But 2000w mercs were never used here so EYE didn't list these.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 03:41:40 PM » Author: BlueHalide
I was going to say...the EYE Iwasaki USA current catalog still lists all standard mercury lamps, both clear and DX. The 2000w lamp must be a european wattage as it is nonexistent here. All lamps 175w and over are still rated at 24,000 hours too, according to EYE. So im not sure why lamps intended for the european market have half the rated life
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 02:27:31 AM » Author: Beta 5
I was going to say...the EYE Iwasaki USA current catalog still lists all standard mercury lamps, both clear and DX. The 2000w lamp must be a european wattage as it is nonexistent here. All lamps 175w and over are still rated at 24,000 hours too, according to EYE. So im not sure why lamps intended for the european market have half the rated life

May be because Mercury Vapour lamps are supposed to be banned here in Europe.
As of 2015 they were not allowed to be imported, so only old stock can be used up (like the incandescent ban of 2009).
So there is probably a decreasing number for MBF fixtures, so they are maybe gradually stopping their production of them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:29:16 AM by Beta 5 » Logged

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 05:10:19 AM » Author: marcopete87
I wonder why someone would use a new MV fixture in new/old installation:
- low CRI
- low efficiency
- cost comparable to MH/SON
- similar drawbacks of MH/SON
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 06:02:59 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
people dont need high CRI for security lighting/street lighting most of the time, (unless you have security cameras, and even then not really) to some people they don't care about efficacy, they just want something that lights up, mercury vapor lasts a long time compared to other lighting technologies, and it has proven itself so, people who want a low maintenance light would like mercury

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:43 AM » Author: dor123
Here in Israel, the popular approach for security lighting at playgrounds and similar, is daylight conditions with 250-400W MH or HPS lamps. I've seen several playgrounds illuminated with Grechi Lumada lanterns with cutoff optics and 250W HPS or MH lamps. The playground near my street, have lots of postops, each have two globes with 70W internal ignitor HPS lamps. The playground at Lilenblum street have four 400W MH floodlights.
Most private homes, used 500W halogen and now 50-200W eBay LED floodlights, sometimes with motion sensors.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies