Author Topic: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV  (Read 5071 times)
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 08:19:30 AM » Author: marcopete87
uhm, industries care about lamp efficiency: this lower electrical bill and, unless particular cases, scheduled relamping is an common practice on external areas.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 07:17:05 PM » Author: Lodge
Here in Israel, the popular approach for security lighting at playgrounds and similar, is daylight conditions with 250-400W MH or HPS lamps. I've seen several playgrounds illuminated with Grechi Lumada lanterns with cutoff optics and 250W HPS or MH lamps. The playground near my street, have lots of postops, each have two globes with 70W internal ignitor HPS lamps. The playground at Lilenblum street have four 400W MH floodlights.
Most private homes, used 500W halogen and now 50-200W eBay LED floodlights, sometimes with motion sensors.

Cameras function great under a low pressure sodium and while everyone likes color videos, all the "night vision" cameras that use IR lighting are black and white or the colors are incorrect because they move the IR filter from the image sensor, and most people can't afford a Broad Spectrum Thin Film Array camera like SPI's X-27 camera ($60,000 USD) which is like a Gen IV night vision only in color, and better resolution, And if its just people watching, it's not the ability to see in color that makes them not commit there actions in that area it's the fact there is a light and that they will be seen the color of the light and CRI doesn't really matter to people trying to hide in the darkness..
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 08:20:55 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
uhm, industries care about lamp efficiency: this lower electrical bill and, unless particular cases, scheduled relamping is an common practice on external areas.

i was referring more to the general populous, which half the time don't even notice or care unless the issue is pointed out, or everything is burnt out, atleast in my experience that is, I know for a fact people around where i live could care less about CRI, as clear mercury and HPS is common, and people light their homes with cool white Fluorescents sometimes around here, which honestly sounds terrible, but then again who am i to complain, i light my room with clear mercs and HPS lmfao... i don't like white light tho... maybe the rest of my city subconsciously agrees... lol, alot of them also have blue front porch lights... like .. lol wtf
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:23:39 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 10:05:35 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Didnt know mercury lamps were totally banned in Europe, just thought they had tight restrictions and regulation. Currently in the USA you can still get anything mercury vapor...except the ballast. Ballasts rated exclusively for mercury lamps were banned (both import and sale) in 2008. Metal halide ballasts also run mercury lamps of the same wattage, so theoretically one could still do a new mercury vapor installation...though I cant say ive seen any lately, at least on purpose. Mercury lamps get installed in halide fixtures accidentally all the time.

Heres an interesting, and somewhat refreshing note...I had called my municipality about an extremely dimmed out streetlight (a 400w mercury cobrahead) that was a block from my house, I did it just to see what the city would do, not that the dim mercury lamp had any affect on my street. It took them two weeks (typical) to get to it, but to my surprise they had installed a new clear mercury lamp. I had though for sure they wouldve put in some cheap Ebay LED thing like theyve done elsewhere, but glad they didnt.
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 12:05:00 PM » Author: marcopete87
Cameras function great under a low pressure sodium and while everyone likes color videos, all the "night vision" cameras that use IR lighting are black and white or the colors are incorrect because they move the IR filter from the image sensor, and most people can't afford a Broad Spectrum Thin Film Array camera like SPI's X-27 camera ($60,000 USD) which is like a Gen IV night vision only in color, and better resolution, And if its just people watching, it's not the ability to see in color that makes them not commit there actions in that area it's the fact there is a light and that they will be seen the color of the light and CRI doesn't really matter to people trying to hide in the darkness..

Cameras are more sensitive in near IR field.

i was referring more to the general populous, which half the time don't even notice or care unless the issue is pointed out, or everything is burnt out, atleast in my experience that is, I know for a fact people around where i live could care less about CRI, as clear mercury and HPS is common, and people light their homes with cool white Fluorescents sometimes around here, which honestly sounds terrible, but then again who am i to complain, i light my room with clear mercs and HPS lmfao... i don't like white light tho... maybe the rest of my city subconsciously agrees... lol, alot of them also have blue front porch lights... like .. lol wtf

when you have to pay the bill, half the wattage is a big improvement, unless you are so lucky to live in a country with energy at very discount prices.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 01:11:57 PM » Author: Ash
Cameras dont like SON lighting at all. I switch on my SON outdoor lighting. I can see in full correct color, camera sees Black/Orange

The bill depends on running time, number of installed unit and so on. In many cases the savings are unnoticable : Home user who have only one lantern and maybe its not doing many hours anyway, city with only a handful of Mercury lantern vs. 1000's SON lanterns on the same grid, ....
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 04:42:02 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Cameras are more sensitive in near IR field.

when you have to pay the bill, half the wattage is a big improvement, unless you are so lucky to live in a country with energy at very discount prices.
In our case, a 175W MV security light does not put much of a dent in the electric bill, electricity is not that bad around here. i dont know about your situation in italy... you guys have expensive energy bills?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lampenfreak

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 04:41:51 AM » Author: Lampenfreak

I think in Europe it doesn't take effect that much. A standart household uses about 5% for lighting, something like 100 kWh of 2000 kWh. So if you save 50% in lighting it is only 50 kWh out of 1950 kWh; that makes 2.654% for lighting or 19.50 EUR over one year. That isn't that much at all.

In our case, a 175W MV security light does not put much of a dent in the electric bill, electricity is not that bad around here. i dont know about your situation in italy... you guys have expensive energy bills?

Here in Germany electricity became expensive due to renewable energy. I pay now about 0.39 EUR per kWh (~0.45 USD) and about 150 EUR per month (incl electric heating).
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 11:26:23 AM » Author: marcopete87

0,25€/kW (0,30$), but consider i have photovoltaic on roof so, unless bad weather, i don't need to pay energy during day (when electricity cost much more).
Also consider i'm not using an excessive amount of electricity (which pay an penality based over your annual consumption) and we have methane heating.

in 2019, all electrical market in Italy will be deregulated, so i'm expecting an (huge) increase of electricity cost (and, our business financial crisis worsening).

In Europe, we don' have 175W wattages, i will base all my calculation over 125W/70W for 20.000h
An MV will cost me 625€ (750$), an MH 350€(420$), difference is notable when you pay 91€(109$)/yr for MV or 51€(61$) for MH (my last bill was 120€/144$ for May+June period)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 01:54:38 PM » Author: Ash
Your electricity rate in Italy is double of what we get in Israel...

Here it is like (converted to Eur) :

- Single rate 0.13 Eur / kWh

- Variable rate (smart meter users) 0.10 Eur / kWh at the low demand time (so most of the night, when the light is on)

The 125W lamp full night is still not that much compared to the rest of what uses electricity, mainly heating/cooling, and if you have electric cooker then that too
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 02:00:41 PM » Author: wattMaster
Here it only costs about .10 Euro per kWh. A 150 watt HPS fixture would only cost about 5 dollars a month to run, and that's if you don't use a part night PC.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #26 on: March 12, 2021, 07:06:40 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Now EYE has stopped all production of MV lamps! :poof: :'( :curse:

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #27 on: March 12, 2021, 07:59:39 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
It was going to happen sooner or later, I'm surprised they held on for as long as they did. A real shame no less.

Administrator #5

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #28 on: March 12, 2021, 08:05:39 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
This is why we should gather whatever lighting items (lamps, fixtures, etc.) that are now rarely made and appear to be on death row. As we have been witnessing, production of such items can cease without much if any warning. Even with the expense of doing so, the money involved can be eventually replaced but many of the opportunites might not be so . :mv: :mv: :mv:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: EYE Iwasaki stopped production of 2kW MV & clear MV « Reply #29 on: March 13, 2021, 10:49:22 AM » Author: Rommie
How true, how very true  :(

What saddens me most is the incredible speed that the replacement of almost all other light sources by L*D has happened, I know it's obviously been over several years, but sometimes it seems like it's all happened in a matter of months  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies