Author Topic: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!?  (Read 6668 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « on: August 27, 2017, 03:20:31 PM » Author: Silverliner
The Wallys here are phasing them out in favor of LED!!! >:( What about Walmarts outside California?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:46:42 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Walmart here (Illinois) has removed all halogens (general purpose) like half a year ago, the only halogens left are the 300w and 500w linear, and the small bi-pin capsule lamps. Everything else has gone LED, they dont even stock a single type of CFL anymore either. Their "Great Value" brand LED lamps basically replaced all the halogen A-shape and candelabra fan lamps.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 03:55:07 PM » Author: Lodge
Same here and if they have them, they are on clearance so they should hit 97 cents a pack shortly, also there GE stuff, even the LED stuff is on clearance as well..
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 04:26:16 PM » Author: Silverliner
Wow. Some did it earlier than here in California eh? I bought some on clearance yesterday.

Electrician.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 04:36:26 PM » Author: Lodge
All of Canada is a smaller market then California alone so it would make sense to allow a much larger market to deplete the remaining stock in there warehouse, we just get the stuff left on the store shelf, and several of our other larger grocery stores have said they will only be ordering LED's from now on and they did this at the start of the year..
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 04:40:19 PM » Author: xelareverse
Still readily available here, people use them
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 04:45:02 PM » Author: Ash
You have any other shops that have reliable availability of different lamps ?
RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 04:51:53 PM » Author: RCM442
Still readily available here, people use them
Until stock runs out then they will have no choice lol

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 05:11:03 PM » Author: Silverliner
Halogens at Walmart outsell LEDs here. I don't understand it.

Electrician.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 05:25:58 PM » Author: Lodge
Halogens at Walmart outsell LEDs here. I don't understand it.

And GLS outsold Halogens until they got yanked from the shelf, and it'll be the same only they will get replaced with LEDs, and it will repeat if a better more efficient cheaper, technology comes along..
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 02:10:24 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Don't worry, you will still find all these good lamps at restore and other stores like them for years to come! At the very least, they better be replacing them with all glass filament LEDS, anything else is just not acceptible..at least to me

Administrator #5

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 02:19:57 PM » Author: Lodge
Don't worry, you will still find all these good lamps at restore and other stores like them for years to come! At the very least, they better be replacing them with all glass filament LEDS, anything else is just not acceptible..at least to me

As Silverliner pointed out in another thread that is what they will be bringing in, and they are also made in the USA..
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 04:19:56 PM » Author: Ash
And there goes your choice for lamp type, unless you go elsewhere
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 12:20:24 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Yup, my Wallie World here in Denver has done away with the halogen bulbs as well, but no big deal.  They will be available on EBAY for good prices for many years to come if you are desperate to have one. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Walmart discontinuing 4 packs of halogen bulbs?!?!?!? « Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 01:16:46 AM » Author: Ash
What if you are not desperate to get one ? Making it progressively inconvenient to get a lamp is essentially forcing it out of the market, for most users who otherwise would get it
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies