Author Topic: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy.  (Read 5843 times)
First Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « on: August 31, 2017, 08:45:12 PM » Author: First Man
I am working on a film in Atlanta, GA set in the 1960's.  I am in need of about 12 matching 4'- T12 fixtures with fin, ice cube style or other interesting styled diffusers and end caps. Not fancy but more institutional styled.  Would either rent or purchase.  Please help.  Thank you.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:14:50 PM » Author: nicksfans
I'd love to help, but sadly, I only have one fixture that fits the description.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

First Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 06:06:10 AM » Author: First Man
I'd love to help, but sadly, I only have one fixture that fits the description.
Thanks Anyway.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 04:24:26 PM » Author: Ash
First man, stay here for a while - There definitely are some Fluorescent collections here that might be what you are looking for, but you'll have to wait till more members see your question

Have look also at T8 lanterns that match your description. As long as a T12 lamp fits in there, they can be converted to T12 simply by replacing the ballast

I would be able to help you if you happened to be on the other side of the world and look for 80s/90s era Fluorescents
First Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 04:27:22 PM » Author: First Man
Thank you.  Please pass my request around. 
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 04:36:46 PM » Author: nicksfans
There really aren't any factory-T8 fixtures that have the authentic old-school look OP is going for.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

First Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 04:39:37 PM » Author: First Man
I'll keep searching.  Thanks.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 09:16:23 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
What's the movie? if you don't mind me asking

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 02:01:41 PM » Author: DieselNut
I just now saw this post.  If you are still looking, I may have some fixtures like you are seeking. I do not want to sell them, but could "rent" or "barter" for their use.  Most of mine are 8 foot but I have a couple 4x40 four foot ones too.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

First Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 08:00:57 PM » Author: First Man
I am still looking and would like to see what you have.  We could definitely rent them from you.  Are you in Athens, GA?  I am in Atlanta. Please send pictures to richardwester@me.com.
First Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 08:02:51 PM » Author: First Man
Do you have other vintage 60's lighting?  Let me know.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:29:56 PM » Author: Lodge
Ok I have to ask, what movie are you filming, I know you where part of, a few bigger name productions like, now you see me, you are here, and ten, and if you where filming in Canada I'd tell you where to find the florescent lights your looking for, but some people here might be reluctant to part with there collection, but hopefully they understand it's not just a small two bit production, who might go bankrupt and they end up losing them, so letting them know what your filming might help them understand what you do in your day job and in return have them help you find what you are looking for..

If someone locally can't help you, and I like the idea of renting them so they don't end up in the trash bin when you are done filming and I hope someone locally can rent them, if not you can send me a PM or email and let me know what your willing to spend, and how many you need and how soon you need them and I'll let you know what I can source (keeping in mind shipping anything in Canada is expensive so they won't be rented as they are not worth the return shipping charges, but I would ask they are donated on this site if they are going to end up being trashed so they can be reused to reduce the productions environmental impacts and carbon footprint)

Also really old fixtures might have to be re-ballasted because shipping items internationally that contain PCB's falls under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations, and it's a real pain but re-ballasting them doesn't affect there look or performance
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:12:08 AM » Author: DieselNut
All of my lighting is from the 1960s and older.  Photos of much of it is on my gallery here.  I have lots of Sylvania industrials with porcelain reflectors that are from the late 1950s.  Most of the lights I have are from the 1940s.  The louvered lights are probably around the late 1950s or early 60s.  I will see if I can link any photos to them here.

I have three of this style 4x40 louvered, plus a fourth similar one:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-73397

I have four of these 4x96 louvered:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-72021

I have two of these that are 2x96 louvered:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-58486

These are definitely 1950s-1960s and I have eight of them:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-44213

And I have lots of industrials from the 1940s like these:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-42064

And lots of these too, these are like most of what I have in use around my farm.  They came form three different local cotton mills:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-41715

These two are cool and all original:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-41713

And finally, I have LOTS of these, from 1959 (photo is from a fellow member here, who got a few of these from me a while back.  Mine are identical.  I also have the 2x110 watt HO version that looks the same):
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-129089
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:50:10 AM by DieselNut » Logged

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 05:11:18 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Ok I have to ask, what movie are you filming, I know you where part of, a few bigger name productions like, now you see me, you are here, and ten, and if you where filming in Canada I'd tell you where to find the florescent lights your looking for, but some people here might be reluctant to part with there collection, but hopefully they understand it's not just a small two bit production, who might go bankrupt and they end up losing them, so letting them know what your filming might help them understand what you do in your day job and in return have them help you find what you are looking for..

If someone locally can't help you, and I like the idea of renting them so they don't end up in the trash bin when you are done filming and I hope someone locally can rent them, if not you can send me a PM or email and let me know what your willing to spend, and how many you need and how soon you need them and I'll let you know what I can source (keeping in mind shipping anything in Canada is expensive so they won't be rented as they are not worth the return shipping charges, but I would ask they are donated on this site if they are going to end up being trashed so they can be reused to reduce the productions environmental impacts and carbon footprint)

Also really old fixtures might have to be re-ballasted because shipping items internationally that contain PCB's falls under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations, and it's a real pain but re-ballasting them doesn't affect there look or performance
@Lodge
First Man - A look at the life of the astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and the legendary space mission that led him to become the first man to walk on the Moon on July 20, 1969.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213641/?ref_=nm_flmg_ardp_1

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Looking for early 1960's fluorescents fixtures to rent or buy. « Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 06:21:49 PM » Author: Lodge
@Lodge
First Man - A look at the life of the astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and the legendary space mission that led him to become the first man to walk on the Moon on July 20, 1969.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213641/?ref_=nm_flmg_ardp_1

Duh, I reverse searched the email address and I could of just searched the user name, anyhow it lets members know they are not just a two bit film crew and that they might get to see there stuff on the big screen, and not that most other people would know about it or even care but it is kinda cool...
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies