Author Topic: I've Seen The 1st Sets of Christmas Lights  (Read 4060 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've Seen The 1st Sets of Christmas Lights « Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 09:10:33 AM » Author: sol
Three easily fixable(by manufacturers) complaints about LED Christmas light strings I have:

1.They flicker horribly and give me a headache, please build some rectification into them.

2. The leads on the LED lamps will rust out when used outside, why are ferrous leads being used anyway with something outdoor rated??

3. Colored strings are way too harsh, use warm white strings with color filter on them just like incandescent ones.

Yes, exactly. Fix those issues and I might, just might, consider them.
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've Seen The 1st Sets of Christmas Lights « Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 08:02:30 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
1.They flicker horribly and give me a headache, please build some rectification into them.

Could the flickering cause Seizures in those prone to them?
THAT Would be a WORRY.....

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've Seen The 1st Sets of Christmas Lights « Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 02:13:37 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Christmas lights out this early? Oh perlease get a grip ITS TO DAMN EARLY ok sorry rant over our lights are all filament lamps as well I still wont give LED house room as someone else said the light is a bit cold and to my eyes have a funny look to them
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've Seen The 1st Sets of Christmas Lights « Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 08:28:25 PM » Author: sol
I was thinking about this just today. I'm all for incandescent Christmas lights and they are the only ones I use, but...

What if you absolutely wanted to use LED, could you do the following to have at least a close enough appearance ?

1. Build a plug in rectifier box to eliminate the flicker.
2. Get a set of lights that are either warm white or anything yellowish.
3. Find some translucent paint in different colours to paint over the "light bulbs" that are only clear plastic that doesn't heat up.

Maybe you would have a bit of that "festive warm glow" you get from standard lamps...

Just a thought...
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: I've Seen The 1st Sets of Christmas Lights « Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 02:56:11 AM » Author: Lodge
I was thinking about this just today. I'm all for incandescent Christmas lights and they are the only ones I use, but...

What if you absolutely wanted to use LED, could you do the following to have at least a close enough appearance ?

1. Build a plug in rectifier box to eliminate the flicker.
2. Get a set of lights that are either warm white or anything yellowish.
3. Find some translucent paint in different colours to paint over the "light bulbs" that are only clear plastic that doesn't heat up.

Maybe you would have a bit of that "festive warm glow" you get from standard lamps...

Just a thought...

just dip the blues ones in some glow in the dark paint the flickering will stop and they will glow a bright green color and remain lit during a power outage for a while..

And if you cut the set up they can be wired to run from low voltage DC, I did this with a few sets so I could power them from an old car battery at the end of the driveway and I didn't feel like running like 400 feet of extension cords out there, they actually work pretty good and a car battery will drive them for weeks between charges ( I could of gone a good month if it's wasn't -30 out and had to deal with a loss of battery capacity ) there is no flicker at all and they lasted unlit the lead wires corroded, why they can't make them waterproof is beyond me or at least use corrosion resistant leads...   
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've Seen The 1st Sets of Christmas Lights « Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 05:17:39 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
I'm Going Christmas Light Hunting in a bit So I'll let You all know what I find or not  ::)
SO Hoping that I can find some NON LED's....

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies