Author Topic: MH electronic ballast whine/whislte  (Read 3634 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH electronic ballast whine/whislte « Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 08:01:37 AM » Author: sol
Under normal conditions, yes. However, this thread seems to lean towards very small defects in said electronic ballasts which make this whistling sound without otherwise affecting performance. Of course, they're not supposed to emit audible sounds but that would be in a perfect world.

Interestingly, I have started to take notice of this in a more active way and I found something. I have several MH electronic ballasts in use, two of which are full case and three that are small case (intended for small track lights). The bigger ones whistle (although not always) and the smaller ones don't. I wonder if the larger case amplifies the sound, or if it is just a coincidence.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: MH electronic ballast whine/whislte « Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 08:12:36 AM » Author: suzukir122
I don't know why my PAR38 does this high pitched whine, but it does... although it silences itself a little
bit once the lamp has warmed up to it's original color temperature. Makes it all the more weird to me.
My 3 tracklight MH's all seem to be silent.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies