Author Topic: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff  (Read 5580 times)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « on: October 06, 2017, 06:04:38 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
How Do I Go About Getting Say a HPS Bulb Or So of The Other Not Buy in Normal Shop Kind of Things?
Sorry If It's a Stupid Question I'm on Heavy Meds So.....
Thanks Guys

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 08:09:29 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Electrical wholesalers is a way of getting HID lamps, also try eBay.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:31:33 AM » Author: dor123
What annoys me with wholesalers here in Israel, is that most types of HID lamps, aren't available. Example: CMH lamps are only available with G12 base, not RX7s HPS or CMH lamps. 70W HPS lamps are available only with internal ignitor, etc.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 02:03:34 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Dor, it sounds like your wholesaler is only stocking what sells the most, we have a couple here in the US that do that too. However there are a few (at least here in midwest US) that stock basically the entire line of products from a brand like GE. For example, I can still get SOX lamps as well as every wattage of mercury lamp still produced at GrayBar electric, they actually have it in stock at location.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 03:47:14 PM » Author: sol
Rexel here only sells metal halide 250W and up. Otherwise they advise to change to.......LED.

I get most of my discharge lamps from eBay these days.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 06:44:08 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Yes, wholesalers keep stock that sells the most and have to order in stuff that doesn't sell as quickly. Dor123 if you ask for any HID lamp or ballast then they could order them in.
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 01:43:56 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Should Add That I'm in England......

Need to work out how to put that in Profile....
Sorry Guys

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 02:06:08 AM » Author: dor123
Dor, it sounds like your wholesaler is only stocking what sells the most, we have a couple here in the US that do that too. However there are a few (at least here in midwest US) that stock basically the entire line of products from a brand like GE. For example, I can still get SOX lamps as well as every wattage of mercury lamp still produced at GrayBar electric, they actually have it in stock at location.
Hasmal Yashir are the wholesaler of NISKO, a local importer of Osram, but they don't stock all of the line of Osram lamps.
Dor123 if you ask for any HID lamp or ballast then they could order them in.
Here, wholesalers don't gives this type of service, or at least, not for the average consumer.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 03:00:09 AM » Author: Ash
The average consumer does not use any HID lamps. If you order something they will try to get it for you, allthough they dont always understand what exactly you need (so you might get a lamp with same base and wattage but not really the lamp you asked for)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 05:21:15 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
I'd Be Happy With a Dead One TBH.....
 ;)

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 11:55:49 AM » Author: Lodge
The average consumer does not use any HID lamps. If you order something they will try to get it for you, allthough they dont always understand what exactly you need (so you might get a lamp with same base and wattage but not really the lamp you asked for)

If you ask them for a line card they will give you one, a line card just tells you who's products they carry, then ask for the store copy of the catalog from a supplier on the line card and give them a part number and they should be able to order what you want so long as they are a supplier, but if your looking or a real odd lamp/part be ready to hear the minimum quantities you need to order, but just about any wattage of HPS should be common..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:59:04 AM by Lodge » Logged
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 02:23:51 PM » Author: Ash
Sometimes a problem when their upstream supplier does not have everything and tries to push "substitutes"
BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 11:44:05 PM » Author: BlueHalide
It isn't that difficult, at least from my experience. Just google the part number of the lamp you want, walk into (or call) wholesaler with part number (brand doesnt matter as they cross reference), and theyll either have it, or order it for you. There are two guys at my local Crescent electric supply that are super knowledgeable about lighting in particular, so much so that I can call in about say a case of "150w 3000K R7s DE ceramic metal halides" and they know exactly what im talking about, every time. I find this level of knowledge is mainly with the wholesalers that deal solely with electrical components. I do not recommend going to places like Grainger, the staff will likely have no clue what youre talking about and youll be paying at least double. 

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 12:46:38 AM » Author: Lodge
It isn't that difficult, at least from my experience. Just google the part number of the lamp you want, walk into (or call) wholesaler with part number (brand doesnt matter as they cross reference), and theyll either have it, or order it for you. There are two guys at my local Crescent electric supply that are super knowledgeable about lighting in particular, so much so that I can call in about say a case of "150w 3000K R7s DE ceramic metal halides" and they know exactly what im talking about, every time. I find this level of knowledge is mainly with the wholesalers that deal solely with electrical components. I do not recommend going to places like Grainger, the staff will likely have no clue what youre talking about and youll be paying at least double. 

::) That's not fair to say Grainger will charge you double, some times they charge you triple ...

And if the they swap out the items you order, you are free to reject them and ask them to get you the right product, while it might seem trivial, if you order stuff it should be correct and I know if I show up at a retail store with the wrong color lamp they will reject it pretty quick, in retail lighting is very important it can change the whole atmosphere of the store / restaurant..

But it is awesome if you get some knowledgeable people, and let there manger know why you shop there so they work to keep them...   
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OK Being New At This Bulb Stuff « Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 01:22:48 AM » Author: Ash
If you ask by part number the answer will be "no" more often (not from them but from their suppliers). If you ask for the product by name, they sometimes will put in an "equivalent" e.g. QMH instead of CMH and the like, and say that this is the closest they can get at all
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies