Author Topic: Fluorescent lamps without mercury  (Read 1125 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Fluorescent lamps without mercury « on: October 12, 2017, 02:36:34 PM » Author: micole66
There are fluorescent lamps without mercury?
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent lamps without mercury « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 04:56:52 PM » Author: Ash
Some cold discharge Neons (NE-2 size indicator lamps in colors like Green) have Fluorescent coating. I think there is no Mercury in them

White LEDs have Fluorescent coating

Most "standard" Fluorescent/CFL lamps nowadays are dosed with Mercury in the form of amalgam pellets, so they dont contain Mercury in its liquid form, and the quantity is well below dangerous levels
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Fluorescent lamps without mercury « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:46:54 PM » Author: dor123
Osram tried to make a mercury free fluorescent lamp that is based on xenon excimer, in the form of the Planon , but it was failed and discontinued after several years.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Fluorescent lamps without mercury « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Why was it failed?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent lamps without mercury « Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 02:34:16 AM » Author: Medved
The fact it ismercury free was not strong enough advantage over way cheaper, more efficient and abou the same lasting (life till large installation output drops to 70% is about 15khous on both) classic fluorescents, mainly when the new dosing techniques allowed to significantly reduce the amount of mercury rhere.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies