Author Topic: How do you like to de-stress?  (Read 687 times)
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 07:27:08 AM » Author: suzukir122
I can definitely relate regarding high stress levels and depression. It's a very, very serious thing for me,
with multiple sources of problems... most of which aren't reachable to tackle head on. That being said,
there are things I do that temporarily help me:

- Watching fluorescent EOL shows.
- Watching any discharge lamp fire up
- Do stuff/travel around with my girl. (IF I had a girlfriend)
- Weightlifting -- I can't stress this enough... staying in shape/athletic is one of the
best anti stress medicines of all time. It gives me so much more confidence... not just cardio
workouts (which of course is also beneficial) but very heavy muscle tearing weightlifting.
Ab workouts however, I hate..., but the feeling I get when I'm done with them is absolutely amazing.
- Watching funny YouTube videos, or informative videos
- Riding my motorcycle is easily the best relief for me because of traveling/sight seeing, and also the power of the bike.
As soon as I twist the throttle, the adrenaline from going a very high speed in a very short amount of time
kicks in, and my mind becomes more focused on that, rather than my depressing thoughts. And as soon as I let
go of the throttle and listen to the 'pluttering' sound from the engine as the bike is slowing down, my day is
completely changed.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 02:09:27 PM » Author: CEB1993
I find that I need to be by myself and have some quiet time in order to de-stress.  Being constantly surrounded by people becomes draining after a while for me.  However, if I spend too much time alone, I begin feeling lonely, bored, and depressed.  Humans are naturally social creatures and thrive on widely variable levels of interaction with others.  With me, I am happy to spend time with my family and a few close friends.  Any more than that gets to be stressful for me.  For example, going from a football stadium with 80000 other people to my apartment with just my three friends is a tremendous upgrade for me.  Being in smaller, quieter, and more intimate settings helps me to relax and enjoy myself.
Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

sammi67
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 04:17:53 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
By sitting on the sofa holding my wife, Hugs and STUFF are a guaranteed cure for all that's  wrong in the world  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 07:51:21 PM » Author: CEB1993
It's true that human contact, such as hugging reduces stress and helps make people feel more secure and accepted.  Being in the company of my close friends and feeling free to express myself if I'm anxious or stressed helps me to feel better.  Having friends who there for me through my best and my worst moments is priceless  Smiley
MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

missriaelaine ria1039
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 08:40:17 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
By sitting on the sofa holding my wife, Hugs and STUFF are a guaranteed cure for all that's  wrong in the world  Kiss Kiss Kiss
That works for me  Smiley

Ria in Aberdeen

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

sammi67
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 08:41:56 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
WHISKY!, plenty of Scotch Whisky Grin, de-stresses me in about 10 minutes!

I much prefer having a good single malt over a blended whisky. We're going to get a bottle of the good stuff for imbibing at Christmas.

Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 11:49:13 PM » Author: Lodge
I much prefer having a good single malt over a blended whisky. We're going to get a bottle of the good stuff for imbibing at Christmas.

And at least 12 years old or older..
Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

sammi67
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 02:55:23 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
And at least 12 years old or older..

Yes, but the stuff that's 70 years old is a bit outside our price range at 22,500 per bottle...  Shocked

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/18852/glenlivet-1940-70-year-old-tear-decanter-2nd-edition
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:58:46 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 03:41:34 PM » Author: CEB1993
Yes, but the stuff that's 70 years old is a bit outside our price range at 22,500 per bottle...  Shocked

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/18852/glenlivet-1940-70-year-old-tear-decanter-2nd-edition

That's a really cool bottle!  I'm a whiskey connoisseur, specifically with Kentucky bourbons. Someday, I would like to find some Pappy Van Winkle, a highly rare and amazing tasting Kentucky bourbon.  At being aged 20+ years instead of the typical 4 to 8 years for most bourbons, I can imagine it tastes wonderfully sweet and silky smooth. There are lots of people on waiting lists to buy a bottle.

However, for something I can actually afford, I drink Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reseve. They are both moderately priced and delicious Kentucky bourbons. 
Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

sammi67
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 03:45:18 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
We did have a bottle of Gentleman Jack that went down very well...  Cool

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

sammi67
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 04:54:44 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Having a cat fix always helps, our neighbour's cat Angie came in with us when we got back from the shops, and we had her with us for about an hour and a half before she went home.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:56:55 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

sammi67
Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 07:21:59 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Getting hugs from a little munky always helps...  Cheesy

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: How do you like to de-stress? « Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 10:39:22 PM » Author: CEB1993
Taking a nap on a rainy day is so relaxing.  I love listening to the gentle tapping of rain outside the window and enjoy a nice snooze on a quiet afternoon.  Sometimes I'll listen to some Zen/Meditation music at a very low level as I drift off to sleep.  I always wake up feeling better.
Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines