Author Topic: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs  (Read 2769 times)
Pat
ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « on: October 31, 2017, 07:48:14 PM » Author: Pat
Hi -- I currently have plain, utility, single-bulb fluorescent fixtures, all connected, for lighting above my kitchen cabinets. At the time, in 1993, this was a cheap way to put some diffused lighting into my rather dark kitchen. The reason I've liked the light is that I've used "Incandescent Fluorescent" bulbs, which have a a very warm golden light, probably 2400K or less.

Label on the bulbs says: Incandescent Fluorescent F20T12-IF Sylvania.

They are 40W, T12, straight line bulb, bi-pin, medium base,24 & 48 inch lengths.

I cannot find these bulbs any longer (they're discontinued) and am wondering if anyone on this forum would have any?

Thanks!
P.S. I tried the GE Reveal F40, which is 2600K, but the light has a very pink tone.
refridgedude1841

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:19:50 PM » Author: refridgedude1841
Could you post a picture of the etch?  Never heard of these, not does google turn anything up other than warm white.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:20:59 PM » Author: wattMaster
They were once an option for fluorescents, but now they're a little rare, some members here might have some. Also, you could try a regular warm white or cool white tube with a colored sleeve to make the light warmer.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 10:57:49 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Could you post a picture of the etch?  Never heard of these, not does google turn anything up other than warm white.

I believe these are it. http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=4&pid=8406 Interesting tubes ... i kinda want one now lol.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 12:09:07 AM » Author: Lodge
Well semperlite has the specs for the lamp, but they are currently out of stock (discontinued) but they seem to get odd ball, hard to find lights so it might be worth keeping an eye on it http://semperlite.com/products/lamps/main.php?PR_ProductID=4940 or even contacting them..
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 03:39:01 PM » Author: nicksfans
These do have a very unique light color. I have a single F40/IF (4 foot, 40 watt), but I'd prefer to keep it for my collection due to the rarity and the fact that it's my only one.

These won't look the same, but Philips "Soft White K&B" lamps have a pretty nice warm color with high color rendering...you may want to check them out (Home Depot should have them). They don't look anything like Incandescent Fluorescent (nothing else does), but I find them pleasant and they're nowhere near as pink as GE Reveal.

Even better than Philips SW K&B, in my opinion, is Sylvania F40T12/930/ECO, sold at Menards and a few other stores as "Premium Soft White". Unfortunately, they only come in the F40T12 size, as far as I'm aware. Like the Philips, they are very warm and pleasant without looking too pink.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

refridgedude1841

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 10:20:55 PM » Author: refridgedude1841
Neat...thanks for the pic.  I wasn't not believing they didn't exist...but I wanted to see an etch.  Now I want one too.
Pat
Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 11:37:41 PM » Author: Pat
Thanks for these suggestions, nicksfans, I'll look for them!
Pat
Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 11:42:28 PM » Author: Pat
Supposing I'd completely replace my fixtures (above kitchen cabinets) with something else, what would you all suggest for lighting that would give me the same color tone/warmth as the incandescent fluorescents? ....and would also be energy efficient?  (Please be specific with your recommendations as to the fixture and bulb, I'm not a professional.) 
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: ISO Incandescent Fluorescent Bulbs « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 12:08:45 AM » Author: nicksfans
I'd take a look at this. It's expensive for LED tape, but it's available in 2200K and has a CRI above 95, which is very close to incandescent. According to the specs, each 5-meter reel requires 2.08 amps at 24 volts DC, so you would need to get an appropriately-rated power adapter (or multiple adapters) as well.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies