Author Topic: Need to offboard most of my collection soon  (Read 4456 times)
DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Need to offboard most of my collection soon « on: November 08, 2017, 06:37:45 AM » Author: DaveMan
Hey lighting gallery members. This is longtime admin Daveman just posting that I need to start getting rid of most of my collection soon. The long and short of it is my father whom I was living with just passed away last week and we need to start opening up space in the house. My collection is taking up more space than I'd like. If you want to visit me, arrange for a road trip or something, I might even be willing to part with something free of charge. The worst I can say is no. I'd charge for things I built myself. My primary goal in collecting was saving stuff from the landfill. Not owning it myself. I may be able to ship smaller items for the cost of shipping unless it's something I built. Then it'll be more. As of now I don't have a means of shipping larger items. Plus I haven't acquired much in a while anyway. Plus if there's any more San Francisco Bay Area collectors around I'd love to meet you. Thanks for understanding and hopefully we'll get some stuff to new homes. Clearing up space is more imperative right now and I don't want to chop down or discard any of this stuff if I don't have to.
Thanks again.
David L. (DaveMan)

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:07:32 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Once again, my condolences to your family during this difficult time.  I saw your original post on Facebook, and would be interested in any 175w /C or /W or other vintage 175w MV lamps you may have laying around. 
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 12:59:43 PM » Author: DieselNut
Sorry for your loss sir.  You and "DieselDucy" were the two who drew me to Lighting-Gallery years ago.  It is cool that we have become "friends" from opposite ends of the country thanks to this crazy technology and love for vintage lighting.  Although I would love to have a piece of your collection, I already have far too much in my own.  I pity the folks who have to go through all my junk when I turn my toes up!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 04:13:34 PM » Author: nicksfans
I, too, offer my sincerest condolences. Unfortunately, I don't expect to be able to make a trip across the country in the foreseeable future.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 12:34:44 PM » Author: Rommie
I too would love to avail myself of some of your collection, but being on the other side of the pond it would be too much of a logistical nightmare to get it here  :(

I see you're in SF, I have friends there but don't get to visit as often as I'd like, last time was in 2010.

Condolences for the loss of your father, mine passed away back in 1990 and I still think of him every day...

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 12:38:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl

Condolences for the loss of your father, mine passed away back in 1990 and I still think of him every day...

My daddy died back in 2014, and not a day goes by when I don't think of him.
I still catch myself thinking that I must tell him about something I have done or seen and the loss comes flooding back. :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 07:04:59 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
18 years since my pops died suddenly.  Only in the past few years have things gotten easier.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 06:28:34 PM » Author: DaveMan
Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems so far no one is around to take anything but I'll keep looking and know that the offer remains. I'm in need of clearing up space and the need keeps growing. At the same time I don't wan to have to discard or chop down and resize collection items if I don't have to. Anyone headed up to my area or would like to, feel free to PM me.

Thanks again.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 06:29:46 PM » Author: Rommie
Unfortunately, you're a little too far to travel from here  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Need to offboard most of my collection soon « Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 12:09:55 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'm sorry for your loss, I know what its like to lose family, I lost my grandfather to an OD a while back...

If you have any clear 175W westy lifeguards could you save one for me? I've been on the hunt for one of those for a while.... if not a clear one a cloated 175W westy would be nice.. all I got at the moment in terms of 175's is 3 clear cheapo regent lamps, a chinese 175W Sylvania and this GE.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies