Author Topic: Gallery last uploads & comments not displaying right  (Read 241 times)
Danny

View Gallery

Gallery last uploads & comments not displaying right « on: November 09, 2017, 02:57:48 PM » Author: Danny
Hello recently ive noticed that the gallery is displaying last uploads and comments in a list instead of how it usually does. it displayed like this once before but it then went back to normal. Can anyone tell me if ive pressed anything by accident or is this the way it is now. Is it the same for others on iPhone or other mobile devices ??  Just that im not massively keen on  it displaying this way! I could see more thumbnails before! And im more likely to miss stuff now

Cheers
Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Gallery last uploads & comments not displaying right « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:37:18 PM » Author: Patrick
Yes, there was a browser detection bug causing the site to be displayed with a large viewport on newer versions of iOS.  I've corrected it and we are now showing the site sized to the true width of the screen on all devices.  So the way it displays now is what we intended.  To your point, a benefit of the large viewport is you can see more on the screen at once.  If any of you are wondering what it looked like before, it was similar to Gallery of Lights, which always shows five thumbnails in a row regardless of how narrow you screen is.  While being able to view more at once is great, if you can read the text your eyesight is better than mine.  Also, have fun trying to accurately tap tiny links next to each other.  Sure, you can zoom in and pan, but I don't want that to be necessary.  I do think it would be nice to offer some kind of grid view on small screens, but the table we had was simply too wide to be legible on a typical smartphone.  Note that if you have a larger device, you might see the thumbnail grid in landscape orientation.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 07:41:37 PM by Patrick » Logged

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines