Author Topic: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020  (Read 3006 times)
Ash

View Gallery

Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #150 on: December 04, 2017, 12:29:05 PM » Author: Ash
Nearly useless. How Its Made only cover the very outer surface, to not complicate it to the viewing audience. There won't be much if any useful detail which we don't allready know or can know by asking James
Andy Sodium

View Gallery

589nm

Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #151 on: December 04, 2017, 07:37:20 PM » Author: Andy Sodium
Very true, its better than nothing though. Might possibly make some people say "thats cool". I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 90% of folks in the US don't even know SOX exists. This would reduce that number. I'm just trying to figure out how to get somebody to that dogone factory and shoot a video of how SOX is made before it shuts down. I'd do it myself but I'm on the wrong side of the pond and money is scarce with  my first kid on the way so I can't afford travel and lodging. I've got plenty of time though.

High Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium
SOX 4 EVAR!

MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

missriaelaine ria1039
Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #152 on: December 04, 2017, 08:18:26 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Very true, its better than nothing though. Might possibly make some people say "thats cool". I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 90% of folks in the US don't even know SOX exists. This would reduce that number. I'm just trying to figure out how to get somebody to that dogone factory and shoot a video of how SOX is made before it shuts down. I'd do it myself but I'm on the wrong side of the pond and money is scarce with  my first kid on the way so I can't afford travel and lodging. I've got plenty of time though.
James said he knows people there, so hopefully he can ask the question. We only live two or three hours away, so it would be a definite for us  Grin

Ria in Aberdeen

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

sammi67
Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #153 on: December 04, 2017, 08:21:20 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
James said he knows people there, so hopefully he can ask the question. We only live two or three hours away, so it would be a definite for us  Grin

We might make a long weekend out of it, as there are one or two other places in the Central Belt of Scotland that we would like to visit.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

Andy Sodium

View Gallery

589nm

Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #154 on: December 04, 2017, 08:37:22 PM » Author: Andy Sodium
That would be fantastic!!!

SOX 4 EVAR!

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #155 on: December 06, 2017, 01:36:54 PM » Author: Ash
That is better idea

But lets continue this : If we want to preserve the knowledge, do we want to preserve it just for theory (as in it won't ever be used again) ?
Andy Sodium

View Gallery

589nm

Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #156 on: December 06, 2017, 05:55:13 PM » Author: Andy Sodium
I would assume getting as much information as possible would be ideal. If we get something similar to the depth of the Indian hand made HID lamp videos (see videos section for links) it would still be a win to me. Although it would be much easier to understand as the poor fella narrating in those videos has an extremely thick Indian accent that I have hard time with.

SOX 4 EVAR!

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #157 on: December 07, 2017, 12:39:55 PM » Author: Ash
Have you seen what simplish machinery the Indian guys use ? It is less complicated than the (non lamp) stuff i have over here. I'm thinking of whether it would be possible to clone their machines from the video
Andy Sodium

View Gallery

589nm

Re: Philips to discontinue production of SOX (Low Pressure Sodium) lamps in 2020 « Reply #158 on: December 07, 2017, 07:32:01 PM » Author: Andy Sodium
Keep in mind though, in that video they are merely assembling the lamps, the outer bulb and arc tube are already made. I think there is another with them assembling an arc tube, that one looks like JFM where they take the parts, kinda put them together and then just shove it up into some device to do who knows what.

SOX 4 EVAR!

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines