Author Topic: Philips IODE 1000 Watt Halogen Lamp  (Read 1239 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Philips IODE 1000 Watt Halogen Lamp « on: November 13, 2017, 08:51:24 PM » Author: CEB1993
As much as I love this amazing halogen lamp, I've never heard of a mogul base lamp that was designed for a halogen bulb.  I'm not sure what kind of flood light this lamp would be used in.  I imagine it would run horizontally with a reflective shade.  I initially thought it would be used in some stadiums, but there is a picture of the bulb on the package illuminating a statue. 

This Philips IODE is made in France, 230 volts.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Philips IODE 1000 Watt Halogen Lamp « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:56 PM » Author: dor123
This lamp have E40 (GES) base, as it is for the European market. As far as I know, Philips never made IDOE 1000W with mogul (E39) base for the American market.
The lamp is dim in your 120V, because it is for 230V, but is still not strong enough to be used in stadiums. It is mainly for general floodlighting (Similar to the 1000W double ended halogen lamps).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:18:28 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Philips IODE 1000 Watt Halogen Lamp « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 11:15:56 PM » Author: CEB1993
This lamp have E40 (GES) base, as it is for the European market. As far as I know, Philips never made IDOE 1000W with mogul (E39) base for the American market.
The lamp is dim in your 120V, because it is for 230V, but is still not strong enough to be used in stadiums. It is mainly for general floodlighting (Similar to the 1000W double ended halogen lamps).

The picture of it lit here is running on 120 volts. I do have a step transformer to run it at 230 volts at full brightness  8) I can imagine it would make a great floodlight on the side of a house. Here in the United States, our halogen floodlights are mostly the T3 style, which I have recently gotten into collecting. I would love to run this bulb in an e40 fixture with a relector and see it as a floodlight.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies