Author Topic: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!!  (Read 1626 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « on: November 18, 2017, 07:13:48 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi all  :) I have some VERY sad news  :(

As some of you LG member may have known me for a while, that I've been mentioning about visiting a certain electrical/hardware shop in Reading that sells tons of lightbulbs of both new and vintage too  8)

Yesterday I have found out on the local news site that it is going to close down for good whilst currently staying in London!!!!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/business/reading-electrical-hardware-shop-close-13909399

According to article they are going to close down on the 15th December because simply they can't compete with online sales/retails. Oh my flaming lord I just don't know how on earth I am going to cope with its closure. Next this coming weekend I plan to scoot off to Reading and try my utter best to collect many rare lightbulbs. Also what get to me was that 4 years ago it was this electrical shop that was able to provide us with a 60W circline T9 fluorescent tube for our kitchen light!!! 

All best and look ut for your fave electrical/bulb retailer

Fluorfan96  :) :) :)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 07:46:34 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Hi all  :) I have some VERY sad news  :(

As some of you LG member may have known me for a while, that I've been mentioning about visiting a certain electrical/hardware shop in Reading that sells tons of lightbulbs of both new and vintage too  8)

Yesterday I have found out on the local news site that it is going to close down for good whilst currently staying in London!!!!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/business/reading-electrical-hardware-shop-close-13909399

According to article they are going to close down on the 15th December because simply they can't compete with online sales/retails. Oh my flaming lord I just don't know how on earth I am going to cope with its closure. Next this coming weekend I plan to scoot off to Reading and try my utter best to collect many rare lightbulbs. Also what get to me was that 4 years ago it was this electrical shop that was able to provide us with a 60W circline T9 fluorescent tube for our kitchen light!!! 

All best and look ut for your fave electrical/bulb retailer

Fluorfan96  :) :) :)

Same happened here few years ago, except thay the owner retired and could not find a buyer since the business was not booming. As sad as it is the plus side is that this is great opportunity to get interesting lamps for cheap or even free. I received few big boxes of miscellaneous lamps for free since the owner though nobody would ever buy those old lamps (basically, that would probably be true). I also got some nice fl fixtures for cheap price and even some more special things like sale stand for fluorescent lamps.

You should really go and search the place thoroughly, you never know whay might lie on the top shelf of the back room.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:22:08 AM » Author: funkybulb
Keep a eye out gor a 6 foot switch start pop pack
I am very interested in it. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 01:28:47 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Thats sad maybe you should buy the shop and stock(if only) is it the place on caversham road?  I went there once or twice when I was a girl
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 01:39:54 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi Hannah

No its at the end of Oxford Road next to the roundabout

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 06:46:57 PM » Author: Lodge
Hi Hannah

No its at the end of Oxford Road next to the roundabout

Do you know if they have any SOX stuff and do they ship ?
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 09:19:54 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi Lodge

No sorry they don't sell SOX or HID lighting

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 11:13:28 AM » Author: Rommie
Hi Lodge

No sorry they don't sell SOX or HID lighting
I don't know of any retail shops here that do  :(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 07:05:16 PM » Author: Flurofan96
TBH I think none do because you have to buy online for your HID lighting sources including SOX  :-X

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 07:06:19 PM » Author: Rommie
TBH I think none do because you have to buy online for your HID lighting sources including SOX  :-X
It seems to be fairly common in the States, though.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: The best electrical/lamp shop in Reading is facing CLOSURE!!! « Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 11:33:14 PM » Author: 589
I can't speak for all the US by any stretch (big place), but here in north GA I can go to any home improvement or hardware store and get HPS, MV, or MH up to 250 or 400w no problem. Can also buy fixtures mostly limited to just having low wattage HID yard blasters, wall packs, and floodlights. Not to mention the many local electrical supply stores e.g City plumbing and electric, etc. which have a much wider selection of everything. Even some big box stores like wal-mart carry some MH and MV lamps and fixtures.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies