Author Topic: Increase in light pollution and LED  (Read 1331 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Increase in light pollution and LED « on: November 24, 2017, 03:30:32 PM » Author: sol
An interesting article on CBC :  Energy-efficient light bulbs increasing light pollution, new study suggests
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Increase in light pollution and LED « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 06:24:12 PM » Author: Lodge
And to compliment that article, increased nighttime lighting also increases your risk of cancer according to this article Found here I guess I'll have to play it safe and stick with SOX lighting at night...
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Increase in light pollution and LED « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 07:47:54 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
And to compliment that article, increased nighttime lighting also increases your risk of cancer according to this article Found here I guess I'll have to play it safe and stick with SOX lighting at night...
Agreed, Well, i mean I'm stuck with HPS for now but same difference... no whitelight at night for me.... Well with exception of the occasional merc i like to run, i like to run my /C mercs (yellowish white) or the clears at night though, not the /DX's i hate that slight pink hue the DX has when i'm tired.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Increase in light pollution and LED « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 02:56:37 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've heard that blue light emitted by LED's disrupts nocturnal wildlife.  The bright, white LED's that have replaced the orange sodium lamps are much shorter wavelength and disrupt sleep quality for humans and many animals.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies