Author Topic: Wanted (Chicago Crimefighter)  (Read 1240 times)
joem

View Posts
View Gallery

Wanted (Chicago Crimefighter) « on: December 06, 2017, 04:56:43 PM » Author: joem
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a Chicago Crimefighter. Would anyone happen to have one for sale? I'll gladly pay good money plus shipping to my zip. Need one as soon as possible for a gift.

Feel free to message me if you have one you'd like to sell

Thanks!!!
Joe
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:54:41 PM by Patrick » Logged
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Wanted (Chicago Crimefighter) « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:56:50 PM » Author: Patrick
Joe, in the future please post a specific message to one board only.  I would also like to come across a GE Crimefighter.  It'd be neat if the city would sell some off as they change out to LED, but I don't know if they will.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Wanted (Chicago Crimefighter) « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:20 PM » Author: Lodge
Joe, in the future please post a specific message to one board only.  I would also like to come across a GE Crimefighter.  It'd be neat if the city would sell some off as they change out to LED, but I don't know if they will.

I'd phone the city administration, explain to them what your doing and see if they would donate one or at the very least direct you to there surplus sales most have to allow the general public (Taxpayers) a chance buy there surplus stuff after all you helped pay for it when it was new and it's removal and replacement as well, and the worst they could say is they don't have any for sale..
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Wanted (Chicago Crimefighter) « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:52:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'd phone the city administration, explain to them what your doing and see if they would donate one or at the very least direct you to there surplus sales most have to allow the general public (Taxpayers) a chance buy there surplus stuff after all you helped pay for it when it was new and it's removal and replacement as well, and the worst they could say is they don't have any for sale..
Why is it called a crimefighter anyway? I've been wondering this for quite a while.....

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Wanted (Chicago Crimefighter) « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:36:10 PM » Author: Lodge
Why is it called a crimefighter anyway? I've been wondering this for quite a while.....

It's believed in higher crime areas if you add lights it will reduce crime in the area to darker areas at night, now I don't know how true that is but in my own experience I've found positive results around my house by adding lights, the  meth addicts keep moving to a darker area which used to be my garage and driveway as it's surrounded by trees, and there is no more people sleeping off there intoxication on my front steps since the lighting has gone from a 40 watt GLS to an 18 watt SOX and a 52 watt LED, but it might also be because I know all the homeless people in my community since I feed them every Sunday and they see me around the area all the time so it's hard to say but that is a belief behind the crimefighter, but I do find the odd teenage girl sleeping under my blackthorn bushes, where it is dark, and there is nothing like getting woken up by some guy grabbing the back of your neck or by using an an Ammonia Inhalant they really don't enjoy it as much as I do..   
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies