Author Topic: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED  (Read 7142 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « on: December 10, 2017, 08:38:08 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Honestly, LED high mast fixtures don't look good on high mast pole, than the HID fixtures. They are ugly on a high mast pole, the LED ones. Do you agree?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:48:00 AM » Author: dor123
Yes. See here .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 12:16:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'm glad the ones around here are still HPS

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 12:52:39 PM » Author: mdcastle
Regardless of what they look like, I'm eager for the proposed conversion of Twin Cities high mast towers to LED so I'm not constantly complaining to Mn/DOT about completely burnt out HPS towers.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 01:37:48 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well here, they're just starting it out.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 02:00:55 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Regardless of what they look like, I'm eager for the proposed conversion of Twin Cities high mast towers to LED so I'm not constantly complaining to Mn/DOT about completely burnt out HPS towers.
Thats just bad management... there is no guarantee that the same stuff wont happen with LED highmasts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:06:27 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 03:50:29 PM » Author: 589
Yea they'll just be giving people seizures from all the strobing for a while when the drivers get wonky ::)

:lps:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 08:06:30 PM » Author: sol
Then they'll have to schedule a site visit, lower the mast head, determine that they don't have the proper parts in stock, raise it up again (still strobing and all, at least it lights a bit...) and then order the parts. Once the parts arrive, they'll have to schedule another site visit to replace only half because the supplier only had half the required amount in stock, so another site visit will be required. By that time, all the properly working units will start to fail, and then... Oh, I don't feel like typing all that again... You get the picture. Other than the several weeks after the initial install, at no time all the fixtures will be working properly.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 09:17:38 PM » Author: 589
Let me preface by saying I am not anti-LED as a concept, just think the tech is still a bit young.

Order parts? Nah by that time they won't be made anymore and since much of the industrial LED stuff is proprietary to that specific model (chinesium LED is much more modular) it will then mean purchasing a whole new fixture that won't match the others cosmetically at least. Your going to end up with a hodgepodge of fixtures in some places because of this. Environmentally friendly my foot.

I know Philips and GE have both gone through a couple of generations of fixture that are completely different for the same task in just a few years. You think parts are going to be available for them 5, 10, 15 years from now? I dunno...

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 09:22:56 PM » Author: sol

Order parts? Nah by that time they won't be made anymore and since much of the industrial LED stuff is proprietary to that specific model (chinesium LED is much more modular) it will then mean purchasing a whole new fixture that won't match the others cosmetically at least. Your going to end up with a hodgepodge of fixtures in some places because of this. Environmentally friendly my foot.

Oh yes, that's true. I didn't think of it. Still need to order parts and all that jazz, even if it is whole new fixtures.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 10:40:21 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Let me preface by saying I am not anti-LED as a concept, just think the tech is still a bit young.

I know Philips and GE have both gone through a couple of generations of fixture that are completely different for the same task in just a few years. You think parts are going to be available for them 5, 10, 15 years from now? I dunno...
I'm not anti LED either... but there is just some things they are not exactly good for.. and I personally dont believe they're to the point of being useful for high mast lighting yet...

~Owen

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 12:57:24 AM » Author: tolivac
Saw the picture of the high mast LED-think the high mast MH or HPS would be better!You can focus those better without the LED eyeball burning GLARE!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 07:33:20 AM » Author: 589
Hopefully it won't be so bad being way up on a highmast. I have to leave my sunvisor deployed at night because of the glare of led streetlights now. If my understanding is correct I believe much of the painful part of the glare is the blue light spectrum which MH and MV both have as well. They just need to install blue- filters on them and it wouldn't be near as bad I would think.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 07:25:00 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Hopefully it won't be so bad being way up on a highmast. I have to leave my sunvisor deployed at night because of the glare of led streetlights now. If my understanding is correct I believe much of the painful part of the glare is the blue light spectrum which MH and MV both have as well. They just need to install blue- filters on them and it wouldn't be near as bad I would think.

Why would they put a blue filter on the lamp, though? Would it help?

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 08:03:38 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Why would they put a blue filter on the lamp, though? Would it help?
It would get rid of the blue light and hopefully reduce glare... me living in a place primarily lit by HPS and MV I've not really ever seen any lights i'd deem glary... well... except for a few buckets missing their refractors... the LED's down town are not that bad.. but then again they're there for more of a decore type deal than a gneral lighting, as they're overpowered by the 250W HPS that are above them.

~Owen

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies