Author Topic: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED  (Read 7125 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 09:40:45 PM » Author: sol
You need a red or yellow filter to get rid of the blue. At least that's how it works in black and white photography. A blue filter will filter out other colours and enhance the blue output.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 11:09:52 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well, in order to reduce glare, usually some streetlighting have cut-offs optics to reduce glare, in my opinion.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 09:35:23 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well thats stupid. I mean generally, HPS is wayyy better, than the LED crap fixtures. A way of saying it.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 03:27:33 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Those with a lot more experience and education in the lighting field feel otherwise.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 03:31:12 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Those with a lot more experience and education in the lighting field feel otherwise.

Of course they do! Everytime the fixture fails, they get paid to go out everytime

Administrator #5

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:03 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Failure rates with LEDs are decreasing as technology continues to improve.  They are here to stay.  And they are what the municipalities are going to regardless.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 02:58:41 PM » Author: Rommie
There are two basic problems with LED street lighting as it currently stands.

(1) Very few installations have got the positioning and light direction correct, so you end up with dark patches on the road and GLARE.

(2) It's white light. Quite simply, white light is not the best colour for street lighting. LPS is the most efficient light source for a reason, the human eye is as its most sensitive in that part of the spectrum.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating - I do not want white light when I am out at night. I do not want it to appear as though it was daytime. I want to know that there is a car coming towards me, not that the car that just hit me was red.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:03:09 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 08:42:23 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
There are two basic problems with LED street lighting as it currently stands.

(1) Very few installations have got the positioning and light direction correct, so you end up with dark patches on the road and GLARE.

(2) It's white light. Quite simply, white light is not the best colour for street lighting. LPS is the most efficient light source for a reason, the human eye is as its most sensitive in that part of the spectrum.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating - I do not want white light when I am out at night. I do not want it to appear as though it was daytime. I want to know that there is a car coming towards me, not that the car that just hit me was red.

I stand with you on this matter.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 12:31:23 AM » Author: tolivac
There is a section of Greenville BVD here that is lit with new LED lights and then the older 400W HPS lights-the HPS section is BETTER!!!!!and the amber HPS light shows better during fog,rain,or lately freezing rain and snow.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 03:15:29 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Hmm, so its a mix, LED and HPS? That could be a comparison, how it looks at night, but different color temperatures.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:01 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
No matter how much you cry, complain, or moan, LEDs the vast majority of municipalities are going to go with LED so get used to it.  You don't have to like it, but you will have to tolerate it.  Or stay inside at night. 

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 08:31:04 PM » Author: wattMaster
No matter how much you cry, complain, or moan, LEDs the vast majority of municipalities are going to go with LED so get used to it.  You don't have to like it, but you will have to tolerate it.  Or stay inside at night. 
Problem is, nobody ever got anywhere by saying that.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 08:32:16 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Problem is, nobody ever got anywhere by saying that.
You've got a point there.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 11:27:33 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Look, I like LEDs in general purpose use ok. There, I said it.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: HID High mast fixtures turning to LED « Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 09:41:54 AM » Author: Rommie

Look, I like LEDs in general purpose use ok. There, I said it.
Hey, I like them as well (I like anything that saves me money  :D), just not outside the house.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies