Author Topic: Old cobraheads in my area  (Read 2449 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Old cobraheads in my area « on: January 24, 2018, 06:04:23 PM » Author: Cole D.
I notice there are still some older cobraheads in my area. I'm not very good at identifying makes and models but I'm pretty sure these are old ones because the shapes look like ones I've seen from the 60s. They are next to some old buildings from the 40s so I think they date back pretty far.

I was driving through one area several nights back and noticed out of all the HPS cobras, there was one MV. I thought that was very odd, seeing a MV cobra lighting a busy road.

Do you guys have older cobra heads in your area? I'm guessing the best place to find them is parking lots of old or abandoned buildings or alleys.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:56:11 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Old cobraheads in my area « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 06:53:07 PM » Author: nicksfans
Certain areas around where I live still have quite a few 2nd-gen Silverliners and 1st-gen M-400s (and yes, they're still MV--they never retrofitted streetlights here AFAIK).

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies