Author Topic: Electric candles/candoliers  (Read 2405 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Electric candles/candoliers « on: January 06, 2018, 05:53:25 PM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone like electric candles or candoliers? I have a few of the single candlesticks, two are silver base ones that have a switch on the cord, I got them at Walmart. I have another that I use in my bedroom window every Christmas, it's antique brass base and has a photocell in the candlestick so it works automatically. I have another antique brass one on my dresser with a cord switch.

I have also seen a few of the candoliers that have three or five candles on them, but these don't seem to be made anymore. In fact, I don't think I saw any electric candles in stores this year, but there were a bunch of old ones at my Habitat. Most had missing bulbs, I'm guessing they were old ones because they didn't have fused plugs.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Electric candles/candoliers « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:57:16 PM » Author: sol
I like them very much, I use them in almost every window at Christmastime. I bought them in 2010, and the quality is horrible. They are very bendable even if they're not supposed to be.
I have mostly 5-light sets, some 3-light and a bigger 8-light that I made a while back but that is not really stable on its feet.

I'm considering making wooden bases, and using copper pipe to make my own. Then I'll be able to choose how long the cords need to be, and they'll be nice and heavy.

They have fallen out of style lately, but I've seen a few in some stores this season. They're not cheap, however.

Lots of houses around here still use them, although some have stopped.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Electric candles/candoliers « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 01:00:01 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Are these electric candles you speak of those candle looking things with neon flicker flames sticking out the top?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Electric candles/candoliers « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 07:57:01 AM » Author: sol
Yes, see here for a Walmart example. Most have standard C7 coloured lamps (like mine) but some are fitted with flicker flames. Both types of lamps fit. Some have different candle lengths, and some have a different number of candles.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Electric candles/candoliers « Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 12:44:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Yes, see here for a Walmart example. Most have standard C7 coloured lamps (like mine) but some are fitted with flicker flames. Both types of lamps fit. Some have different candle lengths, and some have a different number of candles.
I've always liked the ones fitted with neon flicker flames... LED will never beat those... I always disliked the cheap LED candles that are out there... the flicker LED's kinda suck.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies