Author Topic: Does LG seem slow today?  (Read 3383 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Does LG seem slow today? « on: January 14, 2018, 11:21:24 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Once I get on at LG, it takes like 20 seconds, or more to get on. Are you having that same problem, that I'm having?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 11:26:35 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
No, Probably Network issues on your side, or possibly your computer needs a restart (mine does need that as well sometimes).

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:46 AM » Author: Rommie

No, Probably Network issues on your side, or possibly your computer needs a restart (mine does need that as well sometimes).
If you're running Windoze, it probably needs a size 12 boot up its backside  :D :D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 12:55:41 PM » Author: FGS
Try size 13 for me. ;D

On a serious note. It's more than likely just networks bellyaching over this and that. I get the occasional slow websites to load even on iOS. Too many people using the same site bogging down the servers it's in. And no, Linux won't cure it. It's not on the user's end so either deal with it or try again later. Give the router in your house a size 13 up its rear end if it persist. Unplugging power to it and back on usually fixes it.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 01:23:29 PM » Author: Rommie
Give the router in your house a size 13 up its rear end if it persist. Unplugging power to it and back on usually fixes it.
I'll go along with that, I usually have to give the router a prod every 4-5 weeks or so.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 06:17:40 PM » Author: Lodge
I'll go along with that, I usually have to give the router a prod every 4-5 weeks or so.

Stop using factory firmware, use DD-WRT firmware and say hello to MESH capable networks and say good bye to restarting routers, and for the most part all you need to do is re-flash the firmware on your router, and I've seen old boot sale junk out do modern high priced stuff, I have a stock +10 year old WRT54G 2.0 Version router I paid $5 for. It will do WIFI for a mile with changes to the power levels in the control panel, and if the UPS battery didn't fail it's up-time would be almost four years..

If your going to play with old routers, Some of them also have what they like to call a non-user replaceable battery to keep the settings so crack them open and replace it if you find it having issues at any point after powering up.. I normally pull the little watch battery sized stock battery and drop in a SAFT LS14250 MLB battery and they are plugin style so if you ever need to change them it's simple plug and play but the odds of ever needing to change 1.2 Amp hour Lithium battery in a router in the next two decades is very small as they are about 6 times the capacity of the CR2032 it replaces...

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:37:53 PM » Author: Rommie

Stop using factory firmware, use DD-WRT firmware and say hello to MESH capable networks and say good bye to restarting routers
It works fine, I don't use wireless anyway, except for quick email alerts on the phone.

Here's my network rack, the router is out of shot as it's mounted next to the incoming line port and connected with gigabit cat 6 cable.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 06:51:52 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Wow, what a server system, that you have.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 08:19:12 PM » Author: 589
Geez that's that's a ton of storage. That's quite a smart looking network rack.

:lps:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 10:10:17 PM » Author: dor123
I've slowness in LG, when entering to someone gallery or to my gallery, or switching pages in my gallery. It takes more than a mins, often resulting in a Pale Moon error message that the connection was reset.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 07:46:39 AM » Author: Rommie
Geez that's that's a ton of storage. That's quite a smart looking network rack.
It's not a lot, actually, by today's standards, somewhere around 3TB or so, but the drives are in a Raid 5 array which allows for a drive to fail and be replaced without losing data.

More details here and here.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 10:40:02 AM » Author: dor123
The website don't responding when I enter to someones gallery.

Edit: This has gone too far:

I just wanted to enter Lantern_Vision gallery:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:45:36 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 11:08:01 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've slowness in LG, when entering to someone gallery or to my gallery, or switching pages in my gallery. It takes more than a mins, often resulting in a Pale Moon error message that the connection was reset.
It could be connection to your local server that's the problem. Are you having the same problem with other sites or is it just LG.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 11:12:04 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@dor123

What version of windows are you using?

You might need to upgrade your OS

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Does LG seem slow today? « Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 11:13:25 AM » Author: Rommie
It's been a bit slow for me today, but it depends on what the page is loading. If it's just text, it's not too bad, but a gallery photo is taking up to 10 seconds.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies