Author Topic: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from?  (Read 5515 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « on: January 19, 2018, 06:29:46 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Idk anyone who buys from 1000bulb
Is it legit or not

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:33 PM » Author: FGS
I've heard it's legit. Been meaning to buy from them. Just lazy to do it. LOL!

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 07:11:52 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I buy from them. The prices are great and they always pack the boxes very well.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 09:55:01 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, i was able to get a few cases of Sylvania F32T12s for very very cheap.  It was great.  I haven't purchased from them since. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:13:57 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I haven't tried it yet.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:20:54 AM » Author: Lumex120
It's legit, but the shipping prices are often quite high. (it was like $10 to ship a mogul base 70w metal halide). If you order, I would advise you add more to the order (such as some LED or CFL bulbs) to make the price more worth it.

Unofficial LG Discord

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:34:44 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
It's legit, but the shipping prices are often quite high. (it was like $10 to ship a mogul base 70w metal halide). If you order, I would advise you add more to the order (such as some LED or CFL bulbs) to make the price more worth it.
Ok thanks because I was thinking about buying a light that my GF likes for her birthday

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 08:25:45 PM » Author: 589

I 2nd this, prices are good, but the other day I went to buy a lightswitch and shipping was ~$12, which is stupid expensive. However they have a fairly complete and well laid out site that usually has lotsa details on all the lamps. I frequently use them when researching lamps or ballasts because of this.

:lps:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 10:07:39 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Perhaps it is expensive Because they package their stuff real well? I've never personally bought anything off them but I'd imagine that'd being possibly the case...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 10:15:48 PM » Author: 589
Perhaps it is expensive Because they package their stuff real well? I've never personally bought anything off them but I'd imagine that'd being possibly the case...

I got a 330w MH lamp and a bunch of dimmer switches for a job from them once and they were pack well.

:lps:

randacnam7321

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:33 AM » Author: randacnam7321
I highly recommend them but I always get loads of stuff each order so I have never had problems with overpriced shipping.

Old school FTW!

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 07:01:27 PM » Author: nicksfans
I've ordered from them quite a bit. Definitely order a lot at a time so the shipping doesn't kill you.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 08:13:26 PM » Author: CEB1993
They are a reputable website from what I can tell.  My only problem is that you don't see the pictures of the actual bulbs you will receive.  They might be a totally different manufacturer and/or country of origin from what is pictured.  I like to know exactly what I'll receive before buying.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 10:15:46 PM » Author: Lodge
I love there new description write up's like this one https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/57542/BA-LI533H4IC.html

CEB1993, they might not give you a picture of the bulb your going to get, but they do give you the manufacture and model number of the one they are shipping you, and if they ship something else they will make it right according to there website

Shipping or Website Errors

If the customer receives product due to our shipping error or incorrect website information, replacements will be shipped at no additional charge to the customer, and a prepaid return shipping label will be provided for the original shipment.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is 1000bulbs.com a good source to buy any light from? « Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 08:09:16 AM » Author: suzukir122
Ebay is my spot... lol... because Ebay actually shows the product you want to buy from the picture
the seller takes.
I've found some very, very rare ballasts on Ebay. And all of my HPF trigger start desk lamps, are from Ebay
and Etsy. Mainly Ebay.
All of those trigger start ballasts, however, are from Ebay.
I've got ten more of them that I don't use, that I want to sell.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies