Return to the thumbnail page Display/hide file information See previous file See next file

The original high bays...

The original high bays...

Click to view full size image

These are the original HID high bays that used to light warehouses. It appears most of these have clear 400watt MH lamps except the one with the softer glow. That one looked like a slyvania 400w coated MV with the classic sylvania design.

20161019_133955.jpg 1474041066127-549022327.jpg 20160909_125533.jpg 20160831_110451.jpg

Light Information

Light Information

Lamp
Lamp Type:Mercury vapor
Fixture
Fixture Type:HID
Electrical
Wattage:400w
Voltage:480

File information

File information

Download: Download this File
Filename:20160909_125533.jpg
Album name:Cool white 79 / Lighting fixtures
Keywords:Gear
File Size:511 KB
Date added:Sep 10, 2016
Dimensions:1386 x 2465 pixels
Displayed:129 times
URL:https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-125403
Favorites:Add to Favorites
Comments
Lumex120
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Multicolor NE-2s


UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Sep 10, 2016 at 07:38 AM Author: Lumex120
Oooohh... pretty.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

veryhighonoutput
Full Member
***
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

T12


View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Sep 11, 2016 at 06:27 AM Author: veryhighonoutput
Very cool I miss seeing those

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

wattMaster
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery


View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)
Sep 11, 2016 at 06:44 AM Author: wattMaster
Must be nice looking in there!

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Cool white 79
Newbie
*
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Sep 11, 2016 at 07:09 AM Author: Cool white 79
It is cool. However, I hate to say it but the T5 high bays put these to shame as far as overall lumens per square foot. Also as we all know, one of the best things about the T5s is they have immediate restrike after an outage. I definitely love to see these still in use and remember hanging the newer versions of these back when I first started working in the electrical industry in 97.
Cool white 79
Newbie
*
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Sep 11, 2016 at 07:12 AM Author: Cool white 79
One more thing I forgot to mention is, no light installed today gives out that classic HID transformer buzz.
BlueHalide
Sr. Member
****
Offline

View Posts
View Gallery

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Oct 19, 2016 at 06:41 PM Author: BlueHalide
This sight is still quite common here, the 400w probe start high bay is probably about 50-60% of all high bay industrial applications currently in my area. The other 50-40% is a mix of T8 and T5 highbay, pulse start MH (320w-350w), and LED. The last HPS highbay installation I know of was just relamped to CDM conversion lamps (GE Chromafit).
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by: Coppermine Photo Gallery