Author Topic: Colors of the Philips Cosmowhite CPO-TW during run-up  (Read 1708 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Colors of the Philips Cosmowhite CPO-TW during run-up « on: October 17, 2010, 08:29:01 AM » Author: dor123
Which colors the Cosmowhite CPO-TW exhibits during its run-up time?
It contains cerium which requires high temperature to ionise and sodium which can be ionise at lower temperature.
I saw this lamp in youtube, but i think the colors is different in reality.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Colors of the Philips Cosmowhite CPO-TW during run-up « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:17:56 PM » Author: Medved
I don't know, how on this exact bulb type, but my HCI-TS70W play colors rather different at each startup, so i guess the vapor pressure of particular components is not the only factor defining the color play, so i would expect it will differ for this lamp too.

No more selfballasted c***

Kev

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Colors of the Philips Cosmowhite CPO-TW during run-up « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:42:10 AM » Author: Kev
They are a purple type colour in the street lighting in my area when they first come on. The warm up time is very quick i find but the hot re-strike is a long time! It seems better in the fitting where i am running a 60w CPO on 70W SON gear lol

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Colors of the Philips Cosmowhite CPO-TW during run-up « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:30:06 AM » Author: dor123
Philips could make the electronic ballast of the CPO-TWs, to instant hot restrike them, as they have bases that can withstand very high voltage pulses.
Also, the CPO-TW lamps base could be made to withstand very high voltage pulses.
Since the cerium is a rare earth material, it have very high ionisation temperature.
Sodium have a low ionisation temperature.
So sodium should be vaporize first, which in turn cause the lamp to become orange or even HPS color before the cerium starts to radiate.
However i don't know if this is the case in reality.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:15:14 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies